PDA

View Full Version : Please forgive my...

Cpl.Parker
05-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Please forgive my ignorance. Are there many CW units that have a large number of members? Most of the ones I have heard about contain low numbers of troops.

Thanks
Kevin

bob 125th nysvi
05-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Please forgive my ignorance. Are there many CW units that have a large number of members? Most of the ones I have heard about contain low numbers of troops.

Thanks
Kevin

real units or reenacting units?

And that problem is based on local units being exactly that local (usually no more than 2 hours driving apart).

The small size of individual units is solved by affliating membership with a parent organization. In our case the Mifflin Guard. usually that way you can muster a larger group at any given event.

We currently have 33 paying membership units. Hard to tell how many individuals belong to the units because we have a fair number of families.

flattop32355
05-19-2007, 08:14 AM

Define large: 20 men? 40? 100?
I assume (always dangerous) that you mean reenactor units. There are umbrella units that are made up of a number of local units, and even umbrellas of umbrellas.

Poor Private
06-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Seems to me the 20-30 man units are the given. Anyway thats what seems to be the norm in Michigan.:cry: