PDA

View Full Version : Michigan - Upper Peninsula

bmojo72158
05-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Moving to Sault Ste Marie next month and looking to join a unit. Don't mind travelling if there is none in that area. I used to reenact confed....but am intertested in either....thanks

matt

Steve Acker
05-18-2007, 08:18 AM
There are some members of Company A 2nd Wisconsin. CHeck out their website. They are a great group constantly working on their authenticity.

http://business.centurytel.net/2ndwivi-coa/

Steve Acker

Motown
05-18-2007, 11:02 AM
It's a small world, not to mention a small town.

I live in gorgeous le Sault de Sainte Marie for most of the year attending wonderful Freighter State.

I'm with the "fabeled" MLK Mess, who's "parent" company,the 9th Kentucky Co. C is a progressive company with members from all over the state.

If you'd like some more info, I'd love to send you some.

Please e-mail me at bigbaddaddydono@yahoo.com

Thanks for your interest
Andrew Donovan
MLK Mess

Hard Head Tom
05-18-2007, 10:32 PM
There are some members of Company A 2nd Wisconsin. Check out their website. They are a great group constantly working on their authenticity.

http://business.centurytel.net/2ndwivi-coa/

Steve Acker

If you're interested, the Citizens Guard is a really good c/p/h group that has been around the block for some time. They are in the works of forming another platoon with the Superior Rifles up in the Houghton area. By going to their website, you can reach Scott Sonntag whom can help you with any questions. I have been a long time member and wish I could do more with the group than just a few events each year. They are also very supportive of the Old Northwest Volunteers.

All the best in your search,

Tom

jrmoore
05-21-2007, 07:04 AM
Hi Matt,

The Superior Rifles are a newly forming unit in the Western Upper Peninsula and looking for recruits that are interested in representing the men that volunteered to fight from the U.P. We are affiliated as a northern Platoon of the Second Wisconsin, but our primary unit protrayal is the 27th Michigan - of which the first 3 companies were organized in Ontonagon, Houghton & Marquette areas.

Feel free to contact me if you're interested,
jmoore1771@yahoo.com