PDA

View Full Version : Non CW movies filmed at CW sites.

Che
05-16-2007, 11:43 AM
While looking at CivilWarAlbum.com for sites relating to Champion Hill, I came across this picture taken at Edwards, MS.

http://www.civilwaralbum.com/vicksburg/2001/edwards1.jpg

It shows the Illinois Central Gulf Railroad with the Raymond Road bridge in the middle distance. "Hmmmm...," I thought, "Something familiar about this image." It struck me that it looked just like the final shot in the film "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" I just happen to own the OBWAT? DVD and checked it out. Sure enough... that's the exact scene from the movie.

It got me wondering how many CW-related sites have appeared in non-CW movies?

brown30741
05-16-2007, 02:08 PM
While I was in college, they filmed a lot of "Remember the Titans" at my school. We became Gettysburg college at football camp and they created a fake national cemetary at our founder's plantation home for the battlefield run scene. It looks impressive in the mist on the screen, but they were just pieces of foam board on the ground...

Ken
05-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I happened to be watching the opening scenes of the cult classic Night Of The Living Dead (the original). In the scene in the cemetey when Barbara and Johnny are looking for their relatives grave you catch a glimpse a GAR marker on one of the graves. I never noticed it before.The movie was filmed in Pennsylvania not far from were I live.

sbl
05-16-2007, 04:25 PM
...Burkittsville, MD.

Marc
05-16-2007, 04:56 PM
I happened to be watching the opening scenes of the cult classic Night Of The Living Dead (the original). In the scene in the cemetey when Barbara and Johnny are looking for their relatives grave you catch a glimpse a GAR marker on one of the graves. I never noticed it before.The movie was filmed in Pennsylvania not far from were I live.

Zelienople eh?

Memphis
05-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Might want to Snopes that Blair Witch Project assumption.

sbl
05-21-2007, 04:23 AM
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/blair.asp

Pete K
05-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Also was partially filmed on the location of Anthony Wayne's Camp LegionVille (1790's). Beaver County PA. Today the site is just an empty lot, it may become a Chevy dealership soon, but that is another fight...

Che
07-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Might want to Snopes that Blair Witch Project assumption.
The makers of the Blair Witch movie seem to have been completely ignorant of the fact that they were filming on and around the South Mountain battlefield. No mention of it in the film that I recall... then again by the time the film ended I was suffering from a raging case of seasickness due to all that hand-held camera work.