PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Lousiana outfit

nbclark
05-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Alright, I'm giving this thread a shot as to the possibility of finding those like minded living historians who are interested in creating a hardcore, authentic Louisiana organization. I am not wanting to focus on any specific regiment, or theater of war. Rather, this organization will collectively agree on a regiment, and theater of war / battle to focus upon, and will portray a Louisiana regiment that was there as authentic, and as hardcore as possible.

I only want to find people who take their impression as seriously as I do. I watch my weight, grow and cut my hair as the event calls for, buy and sew new clothing if what I have doesn't work, etc., etc.

This group, for example, will create a new and authentic look for the 3rd Louisiana at Wilson's Creek, or 4th Louisiana at Shiloh, or 18th Louisiana at Mansfield, or 1st Louisiana during the Seven Day's, etc., etc.

Contact me if you have a desire to do hardcore Louisiana. Because these soldiers from Louisiana deserve to have their impressions, and their story authenticlly portraid.

Nic Clark
nbclark78@gmail.com

coastaltrash
05-15-2007, 04:09 PM
www.16thLAinf.com Been around for a while. Good luck on your new venture Nic.

Pat Landrum

garretttcrooks
07-06-2009, 02:37 PM
i am a pert of the 18th louisiana, and i would like to know what you mean by a new look. we pride ourselves in having a very authentic appearence, and i would like to know what you think we need improvement on

Spinster
07-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Mr. Crooks,

Take a look up at the top left hand corner of the post and you will note a 2007 date.

Since then, the erudite and talented Mr. Clark has disposed of a boatload of gear, and a lot of the other debris of modern life, for the chance to Go Walkabout in Australia for an extended period of time, and work for a historic site there. He was scheduled to leave the USA in early June and we certainly wish him Godspeed on what sounds like a marvelous adventure.....

I believe your best chance to find the answer to your question is to delve into period accounts and images. Compare such to your own impression, and if you see something lacking, remedy the problem.

PVT.THIB
07-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Mrs. Lawson,
I am having a chat with Mr.Crooks about authenticity and such. He lives only about 60 miles south of me so maybe I can give him some info.
Thanks,

bsbaker
07-06-2009, 05:12 PM
www.16thLAinf.com Been around for a while. Good luck on your new venture Nic.

Pat Landrum

Wow. I just checked out this site. Under the Unit Standards section It has some "Free" self improvement points. One of the bullets says: "Lose Weight", another "Practice Campaign Style".

I don't know if it was meant to be hilarious, but it is!

PVT.THIB
07-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Well, they were free!

dale beasley
07-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Of course I would say the 16thLA INF, but also the Indep Mess that Patrick Landrum has, we do a lot together. We both have the same in common, except age :rolleyes: