PDA

View Full Version : Who Wore What?

ginny74
05-12-2007, 04:23 PM
I just received a book for my birthday called "Who Wore What" by Juanita Leisch. I would most certainly recommend it to any female civilian reenactor. There are beautiful pictures and detailed descriptions of what each woman ages 15 and up. It can also give you an idea of what styles and patterns were accurate of a woman your age.:p

GaWildcat
05-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Mary,

I bought Who Wore What for my wife when I was on leave from the big litterbox, and she has loved it. Heck, even I find it interesting! She used it as a reference for the ladies guide she put together for our units fairer members. I agree, its indespencable for women reenactors

toptimlrd
05-12-2007, 05:52 PM
This has been standard reading for almost any female reenactor for years. It is a great reference book.

sbl
05-13-2007, 04:30 AM
I agree. Ginny recieved and pretty good gift. We have a copy also.

EFA
05-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I totally agree as well. Excellent book and worth reading and referring back to (for me almost daily)

chatrbug
05-16-2007, 05:28 AM
i agree too. i thought somethings i would have to have or whatever, but after reading its nice to know that i dont need it :)

DColeman
05-17-2007, 09:10 AM
My wife was just reviewing that last night. Very good book. Another good one we picked up in Bath England at the Fashion Museum. It Wasn't something I wanted to do but am glad I did. It had a nice section for 1800's. Unfortuantely I can not remember the name of the book she picked up there off hand. The Web page is http://www.museumofcostume.co.uk/