PDA

View Full Version : 19th United States Regulars

Pvt. Tom Mitchell
05-11-2007, 05:52 PM
The 19th United States Infantry was formed by President Lincoln at the start of the war in Indianapolis. Our mission statement is to lead by example and to share through interaction, the highest regard for the strength and honor of the brave United States Regular infantry soldiers who forged thier history in the American Civil War. To be a leader in teaching accurate United States Infantry history. To be educationally proficient in our authenticity, drill, and practice of the 19th century military life. To always be vigilant and maintain the spiritual and physical history of our heritage and continue our rich American History for all generations. Our unit does a combination of Living History, Re-enactment, and period Color Guard. Our Color Guard unit has the distinct pleasure and honor of lowering the Colors at the Gettysburg National Cemetery every October. Our unit also includes a Signal Corp; a forgotten but important force on both sides during the war. We are looking for dedicated people who like to educate the public about this important period in American History. If you live in the Indiana-Ohio area, please feel to call me at 765-490-6973 or e-mail me at thomas.mitchell@ffni.com. Sorry, but our website is temporarily down until June 1st. I look forward to hearing from you! Your servant, Pvt.Tom

rick35ovi
05-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Bump for the 19th U.S, The Rock of Chicamauga!!!