PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for erasing my warning...

mrgrzeskowiak
04-28-2007, 08:27 PM
:confused: I posted a BEWARE ad here for a seller that was selling a pocket pistol, letting everyone know that he was a fraud, and the post magically disappeared...just letting you know how unhappy I am with the people that run this board.

bill watson
04-29-2007, 12:09 AM
"Secondly, please note that any negative evaluations of a specific sutler (goods, services, or other matters) will be removed on sight . The old dictum, "If you don't have something good to say, then don't say anything" applies here. There are good reasons for this, aimed solely at the preservation of these forums."

What part of this forum rule did you not understand?

Ken
04-29-2007, 09:20 AM
:confused: I posted a BEWARE ad here for a seller that was selling a pocket pistol, letting everyone know that he was a fraud, and the post magically disappeared...just letting you know how unhappy I am with the people that run this board.
Sir,

I would be extremely cautious when calling someone a fraud. You had better be darn sure about your facts. Even with a confirmed delivery it doesn't always hold true the mail got into the hands of the intended receiver. I know, because it happened recently to me. I was expecting an item which the USPS said they delivered, except the really hadn't. Only after taking it up with my post office did they find my package buried in a pile of mail. I suggest you contact the seller and discuss it with him. If he said he didn't get the check, he probably didn't. Don't be so quick to condem.

Provost
04-30-2007, 01:48 PM
That's about it, Bill.

Sorry if that offends anyone but without it, we might not have a forum in the first place.

Provost

Jeffrey Cohen
04-30-2007, 02:12 PM
I know of William L. Shifflett, the seller he was posting about, and I know him to be an honorable man,{Even if he is on the wrong side}**I shall leave it at that.

**Don't everyone get mad by the attempt at humor.

VaTrooper
04-30-2007, 03:41 PM
You guys would not believe the crap I came home to yesterday. That guy has bad mouthed me on this and the NSSA forum over a bunch of crap. So here's the story for everyone to judge for themselves. The same pocket pistol I had listed for sale here was also for sale on the NSSA forum and a SASS forum. Over two weeks ago that fellow posted on the for me to email him because he wanted the pistol at the $130 price that was listed. That night or the next day I we agreed on everything and I gave him my address. During the next two weeks I sent an email or two maybe asking if he still wanted the gun as I hadn't received the payment but I never got a reply. Around the middle of last week I bumped up the thread and said it was still for sale. He posted on the NSSA forum that he had indeed sent payment so I sent him an email asking what was going on. He replied back that he had sent payment but offered to cancel it and send another for $100 if I wanted him too. I took this as a huge insult and told him that as well. I also said that I really didn't think he had sent a payment at all and that if happen to get on from him that I was going destroy it. He replied by calling me a name and saying that he was going to contact the USPS because I was a fraud and he had proof that I had received the payment. And that's about when he went on the forums declaring that I was a fraud and I was out to steal everyone's money. I've dealt with over 50 people on these various forums and have bent over backwards to make each transaction as smooth as possible. I've even sent items before I had the payment just so the new owner could have it in time for an event. The bashing I've taken over this is ridiculous and if I had my way this person would be banned from the site. I've kept all the emails and wouldn't mind sharing them if someone wants to see. Just email me mhslax35@aol.com

toptimlrd
04-30-2007, 04:39 PM
William,

I too can speak for your honesty and general integrity. I would hope this is a misunderstanding of some sort but it is rather inflammatory to try and degrade someone via forums such as this. If what the poster said is true then he should use the USPS mail fraud mechanism but knowing you I sincerely doubt there is merit here.

VaTrooper
04-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks Robert. It was quite a shock when I found out I was banned from the NSSA forum. It only lasted a half hour though because I sent all my email records to a Mod there. The way this personal issue was splashed into the public eye was quite uncalled for.

John1862
04-30-2007, 06:11 PM
William,

I too can speak for your honesty and general integrity.

As Can I. I have had at least 7 or 8 transactions with Will...all went just as or better than expected.

Union Navy
05-01-2007, 07:35 AM
I, too have had dealings with Will and was completely satisfied in every way. As far as I'm concerned, he is above reproach.

Ken
05-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Sir,

I would be extremely cautious when calling someone a fraud. You had better be darn sure about your facts. Even with a confirmed delivery it doesn't always hold true the mail got into the hands of the intended receiver. I know, because it happened recently to me. I was expecting an item which the USPS said they delivered, except the really hadn't. Only after taking it up with my post office did they find my package buried in a pile of mail. I suggest you contact the seller and discuss it with him. If he said he didn't get the check, he probably didn't. Don't be so quick to condem.
Have him come on and apologize pubicly on this forum. If he doesn't ban him!

mrgrzeskowiak
05-01-2007, 04:30 PM
I have no regrets,I dont care how many people have done buisness with this person,I sent a MO out, It was recieved at his address and he said that he never got it? As for an apology, I could care less

hanktrent
05-01-2007, 06:07 PM
It was recieved at his address and he said that he never got it?

Do you have proof that it was received in the mail, or proof that he cashed it? Big difference. The post office will tell about delivery, but the money order company will tell how it got cashed.

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

toptimlrd
05-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Unless there is a signed receipt from Mr. Shifflet stating he received said MO, there is a very real chance he did not get it. I can't count the number of times the USPS, UPS, FedEx, et al have confirmed delivery at my address only to find out they delivered it to the WRONG address.

tompritchett
05-01-2007, 10:34 PM
I can't count the number of times the USPS, UPS, FedEx, et al have confirmed delivery at my address only to find out they delivered it to the WRONG address.

Unless some type of signature is involved, there is a big difference between delivery and delivery to the correct address.

mrgrzeskowiak
05-02-2007, 08:31 PM
I apologize. I have had a few bad dealings with sellers in the past and shouldn't have doubted you. Somthing similar happened to me very recently.

bill watson
05-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Well done, Michael.

VaTrooper
05-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Sent you an email Mike.

toptimlrd
05-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Michael,

If something unusual did happen I think it would be gracious of you to inform everyone of what did happen. If Mr. Shifflet is indeed as honorable as I believe then his reputation needs to be restored. Everyone will likely have a better opinion of you as well.

mrgrzeskowiak
05-09-2007, 08:11 PM
:lol: All is ok. I can assure you that William is a honest man. As I said before, I recently had a problem with someone cashing a money order and never sending anything back. I have spoken with the post office and they said that they delivered it to the wrong address. I am truly sorry for the stink that I have caused.

flattop32355
05-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Hopefully, some lessons can be learned by all in this circumstance. Now we just have to remember what they are.

Provost
05-13-2007, 07:03 AM
There were many errors here, but one of them is that Mr. Shifflett "outed" himself here when I was trying to keep his identity under wraps.

{revised and extended remarks 5/13 --> Mr. Cohen did it first, and then Mr. Shifflett confirmed it. I would have gladly responded to an alert and deleted the first to make the second unnecessary.}

It was good of Michael to make a public apology and clear the matter up.

All's well that ends well.

Provost

VaTrooper
05-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Actually Jeff Cohen named me first so I knew the post had lived long enough for at least someone to see it, which is why I posted my defense.