PDA

View Full Version : Model 1855 Rifled-musket by Zimmerman-Harper's Ferry

RaiderANV
03-30-2006, 10:21 PM
I have been buying "stuff" for new members of the team, and now need to improve the cash flow, so will put up for sale a nice item.
This is a custom grade model 1855 rifled-musket made by John Zimmerman of Harper's Ferry. It has had less than twenty rounds through it, so I consider it new. It has a Whitacre .580 full length barrel with a long range rear sight. Barrel is brite, sight is blued, of course. The barrel is dated 1858 with the three needed stampings of the "V". "P", and eagles head. The lockplate is marked 1858 and Harper's Ferry. The lock has a fully functional Maynard primer system for the purist. No blemishes on wood or metal.
John's custom work now starts at $1600.00 and may take a year to get to you. I will pay postage on this, and would like $1200.00 for it, and I would rather not consider canned peaches at this time. I do not have a working camera just now, but it looks just like a brand new 1855 rifled-musket, not much to see you have not seen elsewhere, but there is a group of people out there who seem bent on getting photos sent to them. I digress. This is really a beauty, and it should be in the hands of someone who can use it as it was made to be used.
Steve Sullivan,
Email me at cw1863@sbcglobal.net

vicka
04-01-2006, 01:14 PM
PJ,
Thank you for posting this here. The 1855 has been sold pending funds and is going south to Texas.
Steve Sullivan