PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a unit in SC...

gremlina
04-20-2007, 07:01 PM
I don't mean to be a pain..I know I posted before looking for a unit in GA but now it is looking as though we are going to Charleston, SC instead. I am looking for a unit that has a civilian contingent also as it will mostly be me coming to events as my DH is AD military. I would prefer to join a group that does a Northern impression as that is what I am use to (I am originally from PA). We would be moving to Charleston the beginning of August.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

KeystoneGuard
04-23-2007, 09:29 AM
I can't think of any groups in South Carolina but my dad lives in Boiling Springs which is about 4 hours northwest of Charleston. He is a Union re-enactor who is also looking for a unit. If you would like to contact him, send me an e-mail at captain147pa@netzero.net.

I think that the best place to start looking for a group would be to call local historical plantations around Charleston and also Fort Sumter. Those places should be able to connect you to someone with more information. We visited Boone Hall Plantation 2 years ago, and the folks there told us they have a huge re-enactment every November.

Contact info for Boone Hall:
1235 Long Point Road
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
phone: 843-884-4371

Director of Operations
Trey Smith
TreyS@boonehallplantation.com

Boone Hall website: www.boonehallplantation.com

I hope this info helps and good luck to you this season!

queenoftheconfederacy
04-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Look through the Palmetto Battalion's website, there are tons of groups all over SC, my friend is in charge of the Palmetto Riflemen & New York Zouaves, there are quite a few that do both Confederate and Union, so just check out some of these websites and hopefully yall will find something!

http://www.palmettobattalion.org/structure.htm
http://www.geocities.com/pss_nyz/index.html
http://www.2ndregtriflesscvols.org/home.html

Claude Sinclair
04-24-2007, 01:46 PM
I sent you a PM.

Regards,
Claude Sinclair

gremlina
05-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Thank you most kindly. I tried many google searches and the like and honestly didn't come up with anything at all in SC..so this helped immensely.. We shall certainly look into the units. :)

nc69th
05-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Suh you are more than welcome to join the 69th North Carolina Infantry based out of the Charleston South Carolina area. We are a friendly group of guys who form with another unit at some events. Mark my words. If you don't want politics and high unit fee's don't join the Palmetto Battalion. We have know fees and we rarely speak of politics and BS. Although the Palmetto Battalion in some cases are a great bunch of people. I had the liberty of falling in with the 10th SC and 27th SC at times.

If you need more information check out our website at http://www.geocities.com/nc69th

And send us an email to nc69th@yahoo.com

BainH
05-06-2007, 09:11 PM
i'm movin to south carolina and was wonderin if anyone knows of any good arty units SC

Claude Sinclair
05-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Suh you are more than welcome to join the 69th North Carolina Infantry based out of the Charleston South Carolina area. We are a friendly group of guys who form with another unit at some events. Mark my words. If you don't want politics and high unit fee's don't join the Palmetto Battalion. We have know fees and we rarely speak of politics and BS. Although the Palmetto Battalion in some cases are a great bunch of people. I had the liberty of falling in with the 10th SC and 27th SC at times.

If you need more information check out our website at http://www.geocities.com/nc69th

And send us an email to nc69th@yahoo.com

When you have an organization of over 400 members it is certain that there will be some politics. You have elections, by-laws, field orders, and other matters such as donating money to restore battle flags. My unit dues are only $2.00. My Battalion dues are $20 which includes a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy to cover our events and the land owners who put on the events against lawsuit. I know the 10th and the 27th very well but I have never heard of the 69th NC.

Regards,

Claude Sinclair
Lt. Colonel, Palmetto Battalion

militantamish
05-07-2007, 08:59 PM
sir,

i've not got the contact information on hand, but if you can mosey on over to the battle of central, i'm sure that the rosters for the cannoneers could stand another man.

nc69th
05-09-2007, 10:49 PM
When you have an organization of over 400 members it is certain that there will be some politics. You have elections, by-laws, field orders, and other matters such as donating money to restore battle flags. My unit dues are only $2.00. My Battalion dues are $20 which includes a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy to cover our events and the land owners who put on the events against lawsuit. I know the 10th and the 27th very well but I have never heard of the 69th NC.

Claude I seem to understand what you said and yes I agree somewhat. The 69th NCT also known as the Thomas Legion Loves Regiment has only been in exsistence since 2004-2005. It first started in Florida where those guys have about 8 to 10 members. My unit is Company B theres is Company A. We are again located in Charleston SC, but have members in SC, NC, GA, and TN. We are affiliated with another new battalion known as the Thomas Legion which had Infantry (The 69th NCT) Artillery, (Levi's Battery) Cavalry,(Walkers Battalion) and the Cherokee Life Guard for Brigadier General William Holland Thomas. The Battalion now has units from TN, FL, GA, SC, NC, NY, MO, and IL, TX and OK.

Personally I enjoyed being with the 27th and 10th SC Infantry. There are a great bunch of guys, but to be honest the 10th claims they are harcore, but they really aren't. They have some flaws to work on, but overall they are good guys. the 27th SC needs alot of work. They are a bit farby, but not a whole lot.