PDA

View Full Version : I need a servant.

Chipenski
04-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Hello

I am sure this may either get banned or start a war but I am going to ask anyways. Ok I am attending a more authenticity driven early war event this fall and I am thinking about something and it may just border on not being PC (politically correct). Anyways what I want to do is have a personal servant……a slave if you will. I would expect him to carry my knapsack, extra canteen and mess gear and when we stop then I would expect him to cook meals for me and my comrades as well as stay in first person all weekend. Now I would be willing to pay that persons registration, furnish their ride if it is on my way or if they would drive to me and meet up, and if their impression is lacking I would outfit them for the event in better clothing. Now do you think someone would take me up on this? If so do you know anyone? I am not going to some Temp Agency to get some laborer but would prefer someone who has an interest in the time period. I would also not treat that person as a slave ‘per se” but I would be the owner and he would need to obey my orders but I would not be beating him, calling him inappropriate names or the like. Seeing as how we would have been raised in the same house hold we would be familaiar with one another and would know about one anothers history so we would have to develop first person backgrounds that intertwine. I am just interested in portraying a seldom seen aspect of the war so let me know if you have an interest or just wish to comment.

hanktrent
04-19-2007, 04:25 PM
My email's down right now and I have the private messages turned off on this forum, but send an email to my wife at lindatrent@zoomnet.net, and I'll send you contact information of a fellow who would fit the bill perfectly; in fact, he told me he was portraying an officer's servant in just a few weeks.

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

Chipenski
04-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Email is en route.

want2beslave
02-28-2012, 06:28 PM
I understand this post was from a long time ago and chances are you are no longer looking. I would very much like to portray an officer's servant. Please let me know if you are still looking or anybody knows an officer that requires a servant for reenactment.

Thank you!

want2beslave
02-28-2012, 09:19 PM
I understand this post was from a long time ago and chances are you are no longer in need of a servant. I am just getting into reenacting and would very much like to portray an officer's servant. If anyone knows an officer or command staff that require a servant, I would be very very grateful to get an introduction.

Thank you!

want2beslave
04-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Dear Mr Hank Trent,
I see that you had exchanged private emails with Mr Chipenski. Do you still have his email address? If so, could you give me his email address or ask him if he still needs a servant for other reenactments on my behalf?
Thank you!

My email's down right now and I have the private messages turned off on this forum, but send an email to my wife at lindatrent@zoomnet.net, and I'll send you contact information of a fellow who would fit the bill perfectly; in fact, he told me he was portraying an officer's servant in just a few weeks.

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net