PDA

View Full Version : Civil War Event in Elmira

wilber6150
04-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Morning lads,
Has anyone been to this event The Ben Newton Memorial Civil War Event near Elmira? Any numbers on the size of the forces typically there, and quality of the event..

Kevin O'Beirne
04-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Morning lads,
Has anyone been to this event The Ben Newton Memorial Civil War Event near Elmira? Any numbers on the size of the forces typically there, and quality of the event..

I've been to it, and know others who've been in more recent years. The nature of the event has remained relatively consistent for some time. E-mail me for details.

LARRY
04-18-2007, 07:18 PM
The 137th NY goes to this event, mostly mainstream but have seen some men from the 149th there a few years back when Mike Lavis was there.Last year there was a group of campaigners also.I try to do something for history day held on friday before the event, last year talked to about 1,000 middle school students about the Confederate POW camp at Elmira. I don't know about numbers yet but last I heard union forces were out numbered.

rother
04-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Will,
Not to sound rude but why not ask your pards with the 149th and Calico boys? Most of them have attended this event in the past as either a participant or spectator. I imagine Elmira hasn't changed much in the last few years and is probably very similar to other events that are listed on your group's schedule.

Ron Roth

wilber6150
04-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Will,
Not to sound rude but why not ask your pards with the 149th and Calico boys? Most of them have attended this event in the past as either a participant or spectator. I imagine Elmira hasn't changed much in the last few years and is probably very similar to other events that are listed on your group's schedule.
Ron Roth

The lads in the 149th and Dan especially have been most patient in answering the many questions I have had, and so as to not keep pestering them; I thought I would post the question here so I could pester other people and give them a break :p