PDA

View Full Version : Eddyville, KY

first_sgt_8thky
04-16-2007, 08:51 PM
April 27-29 My unit has voted to attend this year. I've looked at their webiste. So has anyone been before? Is this a good event that we'll have a good time at?
1st Sgt Shannon

captdougofky
04-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Small event, good one for the mainstream side, 46th Tenn. Baxters Battery will be there. I may come down. I not going to bring the cannon on this one I waiting for Sacremento, Rowdy called he and I may ride down to see everyone. Tell Chris I will help on his gun if he's running short. Cobbs Battery should be there as well.

Always
Doug Thomas
Lyons Battery
Kentucky

Micah Trent
04-26-2007, 05:58 PM
April 27-29 My unit has voted to attend this year. I've looked at their webiste. So has anyone been before? Is this a good event that we'll have a good time at?
1st Sgt Shannon

Never heard of the dang event until this year. I won't be going, but if possible, could you give a report on it when you get back?;)

first_sgt_8thky
05-01-2007, 08:50 PM
This event turned out to be pretty good. Oh and what's there? The KY state pen! I don't think any of our guys had to stay. ha
I ended up helping Buckner's Battery and we galvanized. Camping spot was nice but camps got mixed up. Few Union here, few Confederates there. Two meals and nice people. Quite the drive for me to Western KY, but worth it.

Micah Trent
05-02-2007, 05:48 AM
How did you manage to avoid the KY state pen while down there?;)

Jas. Cox
05-02-2007, 08:13 PM
My wife and I spent a couple hours there Saturday. If you saw a MS Federal Captain walking around with a *GASP* camera, that was me. Seemed like a nice camp. I think they said this was only the second year. I kind of like the one in Sacramento, KY (Near Madisonville) better because it has more interaction between the troops on the battlefield. It's May 18, 19, 20 this year I believe. I plan to go on Saturday for a few hours again. I hoping to take my best friend if he's physically able to make it.

Oh and there used to be a big outlet mall there as well. However, it's mostly died out.