PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a VA unit with drummer(s)

drummerva
04-10-2007, 09:38 AM
My 13-year-old son has been studying the rudiments for several years and has a snare made for him by George Carroll. He really wants to get involved with a reenactment unit. I would like to find a unit that already has a drummer (or drummers) so that he can learn the ropes from them...rather than having him, as a newbie, be thrown into the fire as a unit's only drummer.

We are in Virginia's Northern Neck...Chesapeake Bay area.

I will, of course, also join the unit so that I can accompany him. Good kid with a huge love and knowledge of American history.

If anybody can point us in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!

Anders
04-10-2007, 10:44 AM
You mihgt want to check out the CVG- the unit web site is in my signature line- We have members all around the Bay.

Pards,

1stTenn
04-10-2007, 04:23 PM
The organization I belong to is based in the Md., Va., and Pa. region. We are always looking for new recruits. Our web site is http://www.confederatemilitaryforces.bravehost.com That will give you a small idea of what our unit is about. You are also more then welcome to contact me at tennfirstshirt@msn.com with any questions you have. I am the company commander of Co. I 1st Tenn.

Buddy Mellor

dustyswb
04-10-2007, 08:38 PM
These guys are top notch and are from the Newport News/Hampton area

http://www.stonewallbrigade.com/libertyhall.html

I have email for them if interested.

drummerva
04-11-2007, 07:35 AM
I've gotten some great leads from you guys via the board, private messages, and emails.

Thanks so much!

Bill

TheSignalCorpsGuy
04-11-2007, 11:05 AM
I've emailed and PM'd you.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in becoming a Signalist. My son who is 13 and has drummed on the field for a little more than 2 years now is NEVER without somebody to drum for at events!

Let me know if you're interested!

My 13-year-old son has been studying the rudiments for several years and has a snare made for him by George Carroll. He really wants to get involved with a reenactment unit. I would like to find a unit that already has a drummer (or drummers) so that he can learn the ropes from them...rather than having him, as a newbie, be thrown into the fire as a unit's only drummer.

We are in Virginia's Northern Neck...Chesapeake Bay area.

I will, of course, also join the unit so that I can accompany him. Good kid with a huge love and knowledge of American history.

If anybody can point us in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!