PDA

View Full Version : Neshaminy Confederate Work Day

TheQM
04-09-2007, 11:17 AM
There is a Confederate Work Day, for any folks living in the Philadelphia area, scheduled for 9:00 AM, on Saturday, April 14th. We will be cutting firewood to be used in the Confederate camp.

Please report to the far parking lot, where the sutlers set up. Please bring work gloves and a chain saw, if you own one.

Thanks in advance,

bob 125th nysvi
04-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Federals show up on the same day we can make them cut our wood too.

See you (over my rifle sight) there Bill.

TheQM
04-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Bob,

There's Federals from the 28th. Pennsylvania on site every weekend for a month, getting ready for the event. It's doesn't hurt us Cornfeds to kick in one day to help out.

bob 125th nysvi
04-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Bob,

There's Federals from the 28th. Pennsylvania on site every weekend for a month, getting ready for the event. It's doesn't hurt us Cornfeds to kick in one day to help out.

just busting your chops.

They don't bring us New Yorkers in until the fighting starts we're just too uncivilized for anything else.

What's the over/under on rain for the weekend? How about frost like last year? And I don't care what the scenario is you rebs ain't pushing us into the river this year it is too cold to go swimming.

Really REALLY looking forward to it.

TheQM
04-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Bob,

It will rain sometime during the weekend. It almost always does. Were you at Neshaminy two years ago? Now, that was rain. We had cats, dogs, and frogs falling from the sky that weekend. Funny thing, it cleared up Sunday morning. Everybody who stuck it out took dry canvas home.

bob 125th nysvi
04-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Bob,

It will rain sometime during the weekend. It almost always does. Were you at Neshaminy two years ago? Now, that was rain. We had cats, dogs, and frogs falling from the sky that weekend. Funny thing, it cleared up Sunday morning. Everybody who stuck it out took dry canvas home.

there two years ago and last year too (had some frost on my oil cloth Sunday morning).

And that was quite a bit of rain two years ago but I'm used to it. It has been raining on me in a tent since I was a wee boyscout in the 60s.