PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Stadia sight

greencoat61
02-10-2006, 08:32 PM
hello all,
several members of my unit,1USSSCoG made a very nice reproduction of the U S STADIA sight. they spent many months researching the device and we feel its a very close copy of the original.i posted some pictures below and would like to know what you think about this.your comments are welcome. Steve Renner 1USSSCoG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1146057/Image1.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1146057/IMGstadia5r.jpg

flattop32355
02-10-2006, 08:41 PM
hello all,
several members of my unit,1USSSCoG made a very nice reproduction of the U S STADIA sight. they spent many months researching the device and we feel its a very close copy of the original.i posted some pictures below and would like to know what you think about this.your comments are welcome. Steve Renner 1USSSCoG

Is your intent to sell these items or just asking for comments on them? If the latter, this may get more viewing in the Clothing and Equipment section.

Bummer
02-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Having been the long time proud owner of an original Frankfort Arsenal marked one I can say that yours looks quite good from what I can see in the pictures. I can't see the markings very well, but on mine the arsenal marks are in Old English type. Also I can't see but the balls are pewter or other 'white metal' instead of brass--but maybe yours are too--can't see. But overall, it looks really nice.
I have to repeat the other comment here--are they for sale or is it a one of a kind item you're looking for comments on?
If for sale, how much are they? If not--my comments are above.

SW~

greencoat61
02-19-2006, 01:16 PM
bummer,
thank you for your encouraging comments. we do intend on making these availible for sale, but i was looking for someone with indepth knowledge of the original. the scrypt on our sight is in the old english style except the arsenal mark on the bottom just as the original. as far as the lead beads are concerned,we chose to use brass instead for health reasons. Does your sight still have the original string on it? Also is the sighting hole round or square? If you could post or send a picture of yours it would be very helpful in our on going research, thank you, Pvt S.N. Renner 1USSSCoG

jda3rd
11-19-2014, 12:45 AM
I know this is several years old, but are these fellows still around? I had one of their stadia, but lost it, and am interested in another. Would like a current contact.
Thanks,
Frank Brower