PDA

View Full Version : History Channel?

sbl
04-07-2007, 08:35 PM
http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=211076

08:00 PM Planet of the Apes:

Movie. The year is 3978 and a spaceship with a crew of four crashes down on a distant planet. One of the crew members had died in space and the other three head out to explore the planet. The planet is much like their own; however, it is inhabited by intelligent apes. One of the men is shot and killed and the others are taken to the apes' city. There, one undergoes brain surgery and is put into a state of living death. The other (Charlton Heston) befriends some of the apes but is feared by most. After being put through ape trial he escapes with a female human native to the planet. He then learns the planet might not be so distant after all... Roddy McDowall and Kim Hunter co-star in this film classic. (1968)
TVPG V

OH It's lead in....

10:30 PM Giganto: The Real King Kong: Giganto: The Real King Kong.

An exploration of the Giganto (King Kong) legend using modern science, technology, and historic eyewitness accounts. Gigantopithecus (the Latin term for "Giant Ape") is believed to have existed 9 to 5-million years ago and supposedly was around 10-feet tall. Some fossil evidence shows that it may have lived in China or India. Scientists of varying fields will attempt to genetically connect Giganto to modern-day creatures from around the world. Could Bigfoot be a relative? Forensic testing, extensive scientific research, 3-D animation, and body reconstruction will help determine the true mystery behind this prehistoric ape.
TVPG

HighPrvt
04-07-2007, 09:17 PM
This has what to do with the WBTS???

:lol:

tompritchett
04-08-2007, 12:28 AM

Nothing, but it does speak to the "history" programming of the History Channel - a topic of the last two threads in this conference.

HighPrvt
04-08-2007, 04:19 AM
Well OK, I guess if you don't mind " TV Guide" postings, neither should I.
:)

I hope you took notice of the smilies!!!

tompritchett
04-08-2007, 04:49 AM
Well OK, I guess if you don't mind " TV Guide" postings, neither should I.
:)

I hope you took notice of the smilies!!!

It does not matter in this conference. Down here in the Other Business conferences, I am just another poster like everyone else; I have no moderator responsibilities or powers here. Here, if I think something is out of line, all I can do is use the Alert button just like everyone else.

sbl
04-08-2007, 06:48 AM

:lol:

The movie isn't history or science but was played as a lead-in to the gorilla program.

I was looking the up the HC listings and found that other forums (not related to CW/WBTS) were wondering the same thing. Usually the HC has all those Easter/ Passover related programs at this time.

"A strongly worded letter to the Times is in order. Then we'll see results!" ;)

FloridaBummer
04-08-2007, 01:37 PM
SBL
It has become quite annoying to turn the History Channel on and see this crap, (planet of the apes, and other garbage, especially that documentary on gal troops);-) I'm not too impressed with History International either.
What gives?
I do enjoy the Military channel from time to time though.
I do agree with you on your observations, and am glad others have noticed this as well..
Kindest Regards;

HighPrvt
04-08-2007, 03:42 PM
The movie isn't history or science but was played as a lead-in to the gorilla program.

I was looking the up the HC listings and found that other forums (not related to CW/WBTS) were wondering the same thing. Usually the HC has all those Easter/ Passover related programs at this time.

"A strongly worded letter to the Times is in order. Then we'll see results!" ;)

I was just givin' you a hard time( Smilies). I totally agree. The worst offender is "Modern Marvels" The History Channel should perhaps change it's name to Discovery 2, etc. What little time I do spend watching TV is usually on one of the HD channels, or an occasional Military Channel program. I do like the "Dogfight" program on Discovery (I think), and for some reason I'm fascinated by those crab fishing thrill seekers. That's about it.

FloridaBummer
04-08-2007, 06:20 PM
The Dogfight program is very good, and I really enjoy Mail Call with R.Lee Ermey. Civil War Journal, and of course Civil War combat were my favourite.
There a couple of other shows on there that are pretty good, but the rest of it bites...;-)
On History International, I viewed only one episode of a reality series called "The Trench", about people portraying a 1916 Commonwealth "Pals Battalion Company", but haven't been able to find that show again.
Kindest Regards;