PDA

View Full Version : "What a Medical Mess" . . .

"Doc" Nelson
04-03-2007, 07:15 PM

. . is looking for a few good guys! If you're looking for a different experience, the Medical Corps may be it! "What a Medical Mess" is now forming in the Kentucky and Southern Indiana area. I am seeking another Assistant Surgeon and, at least 2 more guys to portray Orderlies.

As an "Orderly", your duties would be to, carry the Hospital Knapsack / Surgeon's Companion (this is what the medical supplies, instruments, dressings, etc., are carried in, out onto the battlefield). And, to assist the Medical Officer in the execution of their duties. Or, in simple terms, "when the Medical Officer stops to render aid, the Orderly would stop with him, open up the Medical Knapsack / Surgeon's Companion and hand the items needed to the Assistant Surgeon to render aid to the "wounded". I promise that we won't "load you down" with medical supplies and such. Yes, this is a very basic description to the duties of the Orderly. If you'd like more detailed information. Please, give me a holler.

Now, a little more about the group. Well, our primary impression will be a Union Field Dressing Station and, to portray it accurately. We will be following the Battalion as it goes into battle. To accurately portray the initial treatment to the wounded. Eventually, I'd like to see us as a "Dual Impression" (Confederate and Union). If you only have a Union kit, that's fine. As long as you have a good attitude . . . that's great! Just so you’re aware, this is a group that has a progressive mind set. As a "progressive" group, we will continue to advance in our knowledge of medical practices and procedures, uniforms, equipment, etc. If you feel up to it and, you’re looking for a different experience . . . give us a holler! If you can do without the "extra" canvas and, all of the camp furniture . . . and, especially the politics . . . I welcome you. Everyone will have a vote or a "say so". So, don’t think that, being the “new guy”, you don’t have that right.

I have not created a website. . yet. I would rather wait until new members come onboard. Since every member in the group will have an equal say within the group . . I'd rather wait, get their ideas and input. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in . . give me a holler at: jnelson@prpfire.org.

Folks, please don't let what bad experiences you've had, scare you away. As long as you have a willingness to continue to improve your impression (whether through your attitude, gear, equipment, uniform, knowledge, procedures/practices, etc.), that's all I ask. We will be attending a variety of events (total immersion, living history presentations, battle reenactments, etc.).

**Please, Serious Inquiries ONLY**

"Doc" Nelson
05-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Well, I have a new email address. My old one, I can still use. However, I am "experiencing" difficulties. Go figure . . difficulties with technology :mad:. Well, here is my email address: jimmy_nelson@insightbb.com.

I am also currently working on a website . . please bear with me. As soon as I complete it, I will post the link here. Thanks for your patience. ;)

Radar
05-16-2007, 06:10 AM
sent you an e-mail.

"Doc" Nelson
02-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Hey guys and gals, I'm giving this thread a bump. We've had a few hit the field with us over the past 2 years. And, I would like to see if there is any interest out there for this upcoming season. For a brief explanation, please read the top post in this thread.

Please know that I am no stitch counter. I just hold myself to a high standard of historical accuracy. If all you offer is the attitude to hit the field then, come on out. What we portray is, a Field Dressing Station. We carry everything we need/use on our person. Hopefully, when I win the lottery, I'll be able to afford all of the neccessary items to setup a Field Hospital :mrgreen: . but for now, its a Field Dressing Station . . :D .

I fall in mostly with the 6th Indiana (Indiana Brigade). However, I do tend to be a little independent for some events.

hanktrent
02-18-2009, 10:11 AM
What events will you be attending this year?

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net