PDA

View Full Version : Reply in kind

EasySam
03-23-2007, 05:46 PM
There are some folks on this forum that do nothing but insult everyone & everything that differs from them. They are here all the time. They use the forum to attack others. I have sparingly responded to their insults and done it on their terms. I get my posts deleted. Is there a quota of posts before someone is allowed to be a big mouth smartass or do they have to kiss someone?

Sgt_Pepper
03-23-2007, 07:27 PM
It's all in the presentation. Try reading the posts that answer the "insulting" posts (i.e., the ones that don't get deleted) and perhaps you'll learn how to do it from their examples. Your deleted posts were just fighting words, not thoughtful replies.

And, oh, yeah, insulting the moderators isn't a good way to get to be one of the (non-existent) posters who can insult and attack people at will, know what I mean?

tompritchett
03-23-2007, 08:02 PM
You will also notice that the post that got you riled up was also deleted. You must remember that we moderators have other responsibilites beyond CW reenacting and this forum. Sometimes an offending post might stay on the forum for several hours before one of us logs in and sees it. However, the proper approach to dealing with an offending post is not to get your blood pressure up and start retaliating in kind but rather use the Alert button and let us deal with it. We usually do, regardless of who the offender is.

bill watson
03-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Try being exhaustively, tediously, relentlessly reasonable. It really annoys the militant button-pushers, the folks whose real hobby is getting people riled. :-)

Come to think of it we haven't seen a lot of that lately.