PDA

View Full Version : New Confederate Battalion in Illinois

Jubilo
03-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Have heard news of the formation of a new Confederate battalion in Illinois . Do they have a web site ? Always have to keep a watch on the Secesh !
All for the old flag,
David Corbett , 10th Illinois Vol. Inf.

Anders
03-27-2006, 10:20 AM
They often wear gray...sorry had to..haven't heard anything over this way.

Jubilo
03-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Dear Sanders ,
Thanks for the vidette work ! I think I ran into you two years back at Monocacy ; I was with Capt. Bill Watson's company . In any event quit writing in Choctaw in your complementary close !
All for the old flag , David Corbett , 10th Ill Vol. Inf.

Graves Mercantile
03-28-2006, 08:47 AM
I haven't heard anything about a new Confederate battalion, but there has been a lot of talk about forming a federal battalion. Our unit is somewhat involved in establishing this new group, but are playing a very small role and I have little information to impart. Sorry.

ilfed104
03-31-2006, 01:11 AM
There is, in fact, a new Confederate battalion in Illinois commanded by Col. Bob Bierman of Joliet, IL. Bob is a veteran reenactor with much experience putting on events and has commanded the 64th Illinois in the past. The units which have joined are primarily from northern and central Illinois. I don't have the list handy but quite a few units have committed to the Confederate Battalion of Illinois.

The Federal battalion referred to is being formed by Randy Jackson and Michael Pierpoint and is located in the south/central Illinois area.

The 1st Illinois Battalion, located in northern Illinois, has been in the field for the past seven years. Member units include the 10th, 13th, 36th, 45th, 64th, and 104th Illinois, 9th Indiana, 29th USCT, 1st Michigan Engineers, 8th Illinois Cavalry, Chicago Mercantile Battery, and Taylor's Battery B.

We look forward to engaging Col Bierman and the Confederate battalion this coming season.

Rick Keating
1st Illinois Battalion

Jubilo
03-31-2006, 11:05 AM
Dear Colonel ,
So that's why Bob Bierman was a-wearing gray when I stepped over him during the assault on Battery Robinett at Corinth in Oct. '05 !
Might could name his new organization the "Copperhead " BN . !
All for the old flag,
David Corbett , 10th Ill.Vol. Inf.