PDA

View Full Version : Items at Shiloh

easttnfed
03-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Guys,

I'll have several items being sold for me at Shiloh through Cedar Creek Supply Depot. The items that they will be carrying are:

Painted Cloth Housewives
Confederate Ticking Haversack
Confederate Officer's Haversack
Civilian Belts
Folded Edge Tin Buckles
Brown Civilian Overalls w/ bone buttons

Please stop by there if you are interested.

Currently in stock, I have 1 painted cloth cartridge box sling priced at $30 + $6 shipping.

WestTN_reb
03-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Where will you be? I know Artillery, but I mean where will you be set up?
Also, check out the thread, "Who's going to Shiloh?". We're trying to decide on a place for members of this forum to meet.

See you there.

EasySam
03-07-2007, 05:19 AM
Can you describe the Confederate Officer's haversack?
Thanks

easttnfed
03-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I personally will not be attending the event and that is why the Lammers are taking some of my stuff down with them. Just look for the Cedar Creek Supply Depot tent. In there you will be able to see my stuff along with the stuff that Jim makes himself.

The Confederate Officer's haversack is made from painted cloth material, bound outer and inner edges, d-rings on the outside where the strap attatches to, brass buckles (which are copied from originals in my collection), crows foot closure strap design, and an attached innner liner with inside pocket for extra stuff to go in. The dimensions are 11" at the top and widen to 14" at the bottom with a 2" side gussett. The front flap measures somewhere around 11" at the top and comes to around 12" wide and, if I'm not mistaken, is 5 1/2" long. The leather on the haversack are natural. I forget the color of the liner, but is made out of homespun cotton material. Its been a while since I made it, so the exact dimensions are pretty fuzzy right now. It was copied from one that I saw in Warman's Civil War Collectibles book.(page unknown)