PDA

View Full Version : Authentic Union uniforms

RGGamber
03-21-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm actually just looking for a possible link as to where I may acquire Union uniforms, equipment, and weapons.

tenfed1861
03-21-2006, 11:33 PM
www.cantrelluniforms.com ; www.skilletlicker.com ; www.wwandcompany ; www.missouribootandshoes.com ; www.timallenhats.com ; www.cjdaley.com ; www.orchardhillsutlery.com ; www.ss-sutler.com to name a few.All fine sites with fine produces.Hope this helped some.
Cullen Smith

flattop32355
03-21-2006, 11:35 PM
I'm actually just looking for a possible link as to where I may acquire Union uniforms, equipment, and weapons.

Ya might want ta narrow yer terms a bit, for better clarification. "Authentic" can mean different things to different people.

Some consider only those items produced by certain vendors as "authentic", while others acknowledge that some lesser-known folk may also produce wares of similar quality. Still others claim that anything that looks decent from twenty feet away is "authentic", or at least "authentic enough".

So, a little more information might be helpful in steering you towards where you actually wish to go.

Also, if you're a member of a reenactor unit, you may want to talk to some of the veterans of the outfit as to what is required for their particular impression.

RGGamber
03-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Thank you for the links, they did help a lot. I'm just trying to get an idea as to where I would go to find the items I would need.

nyczouave
03-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Most folks are of the opinion that you should find a unit first, before buying anything and they will tell you what you need for the impression they do and where to buy the things you need. This solves two problems, firstly, it keeps you from having to buy things twice or buying things you don't need,
Secondly, as an independent you may have a hard time falling in with anyone at a reenactment. Most groups are very safety concious and are slow to let anyone fall in who is just off the street and allow them to fire relatively dangerous weapons in their ranks.
Find a unit first. You won't regret it.

just my two cents