PDA

View Full Version : Hey-ulp! Sword belt instructions

Frenchie_2006
03-20-2006, 11:32 PM
I have a sword belt and need instructions on how to fasten it up and stuff. There're all these straps and buckles and thingies. I have the basic idea, the two straps with the carabiner hooks hang down on the left (the scabbard hangs from them) and the one long strap goes over my right shoulder and back down to the left side of the belt, but where does it attach? The brass hook on the end won't fit over the upper D ring near the left front, so what's the upper D ring for, if not that?

What's the brass hook hanging from the lower D ring for?

What is the second sliding loop for (on the left side)?

I got a small cap box, a pistol cartridge box, and a holster with it, too.

What does a mudfoot private want with a sword belt? you ask. It was a package deal, an offer I couldn't refuse, it came with a sweet Colt 2nd Generation 1848 Baby Dragoon, a "Wells Fargo" revolver without the loading lever. I'm going to get a drop-in conversion cylinder to shoot .32 S&W for NCOWS. My '51 Navy Colt and New Model Navy Remington are being smoothed over by Steve Young steve@stevesgunz.com right now, and I'll get conversions cylinders for them too. This Baby Dragoon will probably get the same treatment.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

MStuart
03-21-2006, 01:24 AM
Frenchie:

I'll try to help, but may confuse you even more.

The brass hook can also be used to attach the upper "O" ring of your saber. It's easier that way when you're walking around and the ol' cutlass won't be a drangin' on the ground as it does just hanging from the straps.

You've got the rest of the basics down as far as where and how to attach the shoulder strap but you may be missing a part or two from your description. The shoulder strap on mine attaches on the left rear side of the belt via a square brass ring sewn onto the belt and goes over the shoulder to the "D" ring via a snap swivel. The "second sliding loop" you describe on the left side of the belt has me stratching my head. Not sure what you mean.

If you've got Echo's of Glory or try to search the web sutlers, you might find some pictures of your type of rig.

Sounds like you got a good deal to boot

Mark

Frenchie_2006
03-21-2006, 09:46 AM
Frenchie:

I'll try to help, but may confuse you even more.

7 to 1 odds you can't :lol:

The brass hook can also be used to attach the upper "O" ring of your saber. It's easier that way when you're walking around and the ol' cutlass won't be a drangin' on the ground as it does just hanging from the straps.

Oh, yeah, I remember reading that somewhere.

You've got the rest of the basics down as far as where and how to attach the shoulder strap but you may be missing a part or two from your description. The shoulder strap on mine attaches on the left rear side of the belt via a square brass ring sewn onto the belt and goes over the shoulder to the "D" ring via a snap swivel. The "second sliding loop" you describe on the left side of the belt has me stratching my head. Not sure what you mean.

I think there might be a part missing too.

If you've got Echo's of Glory or try to search the web sutlers, you might find some pictures of your type of rig.

Sounds like you got a good deal to boot

Mark

:idea: :idea: :idea: Hey, I could ask the guy I bought it from! I need an emoticon that slaps itself upside the head. Thanks, Mark, I'll let you know what I find.

harley_davis
03-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Frenchie
Throw the shoulder strap away, makes life easier. Don't need the pistol(s), thats what ya have privates with muskets for!!
Respectfully,

major
03-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Hey Frenchie !

Is this the icon you were looking for?!

http://www.thehighroad.org/images/smilies/banghead.gif

Terry

Frenchie_2006
03-24-2006, 10:53 AM
That one does come in handy, Terry! :roll: