PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Kopfjager
02-12-2007, 01:47 AM
Hey, new guy here! Seasoned reenactor (WWII) for 6 years. Wife is as well (WWII non combatant and CW civilian). Well, we might get sent back to the MD, DC, VA area and are looking for units near there!

Thanks!

Anders
02-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Check out the CVG....there is no civilian organization, but many of us have "associated" civilians that do work together at events, seperate from the Battalion of course.

Pards,

Rob Weaver
02-20-2007, 03:21 PM
One of our sister units, Co C 2nd Wisconsin has a number of members in the Virginia/Maryland area. I'd be glad to pass their contacts on to you.

Capt Terry
02-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi,

We would welcome you to check our unit out. Although we are scattered throughout NC, VA and MI, most of our events are in VA. We have several civilians in our unit and would welcome more.

Terry

1st Regiment Kentucky Volunteers, Co E CSA
1stky.org
Wildky@earthlink.net

MDConfederate
02-21-2007, 12:20 PM
I work with Chris Anders and the CVG. The CVG would be a good choice. The CVG does both US and CS impressions. I'm also with the 2nd Maryland, Company H which is primarily a Confederate unit and has some civilians. Co. H members participate in a wide variety of events in the mid-Atlantic area as well as events with the CVG. If you are looking for a Federal unit in the area Co. H sometimes works in opposition to 3rd Maryland, Company A - US. I also reenact World War II. Send me an email at winderranger@comcast.net, and we can talk more about what type of organization you are looking for. I know quite a number of units in the Maryland area.

John A. Wyman

Kopfjager
02-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks for all the replies, guys! I have found a unit provided I make it back to the area.