PDA

View Full Version : Ghost at Perryville

John Legg
02-05-2007, 11:09 PM
This is sweet. we took this while ghost hunting! lol
It was so clear that night. We saw,felt,herd many different things. No wind, Clouds. Just us walking around on the battlefeild taking cool photos

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/Johnlegg1234/Picture_379.jpg

We also got a good shot of a ghost, you can see an arm and face. let me try and get it from my friend and ill post!

Does anyone else have any good shots of ghosts?
John

WestTN_reb
02-05-2007, 11:27 PM
THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS GHOSTS!

flattop32355
02-05-2007, 11:31 PM
My guess is wood smoke.

John Legg
02-05-2007, 11:45 PM
we were in the middle of a feild. If you dont belive in ghosts, then your missing out on an awesome experience! You will be saying something different when i get that picture.

Besides that big blob, cant you see the orbs
Cheers :)

man its cold out

John

The Dandy
02-06-2007, 02:34 AM
Who ya gunna call? …………………Ghostbusters!

WestTN_reb
02-06-2007, 03:09 AM
They look like rain drops on the lens to me.

TheBaldYankee
02-06-2007, 05:14 AM
Wow, I never thought I'd see ghost pics here.

John,

When examining a photo for paranormal evidence, one must first rule out all mundane, earthly explainations. My guess is that you were using a digital camera. The orbs are most likely dust or pollen. They are not very solid. As for the mist... Was anyone smoking? What was the temperature. Was it cold enough to see your breath? If out on a cold night, always hold your breath while you snapping the photo.

I'm not saying that you don't have something here. Just giving you likely possibilities. I'm a believer, but these are the things you need to look for. I would like to see th other photo.

I invite you to visit this site...
http://www.ghostvillage.com/ghostcommunity/index.php?act=idx
It's the largest paranormal site on the web. You need to sign up to see the spiritography section. I'm telling you though, when it comes to photos poeple really will pick them apart. Most of the time they mean no offence. They just like to rule everything out before they call it a ghost.

I've taken hundrens of photos all around some really creepy places. There is only one orb I got that I can say is paranormal, without a doubt.

If you enjoy ghosthunting you keep right on. Remember to always be respectful to your surroundings, and obey the local laws. If it says NO Trespassing, then don't go in.

Best of luck.

toptimlrd
02-06-2007, 08:33 AM
John,

Understand that since I did not take the photo I have no idea exactly what is in the image but from my experience in photography I often have similar effects on my photos from dust on the lens (orbs) and very slight condensation on the lens which gives that wispy appearance. This is magnified in photos taken at night where ambient light is not strong enough to overpower the photographic flaws.

coastaltrash
02-06-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm just wanting to know when there was no wind at night at Perryville.

Pat Landrum

hanktrent
02-06-2007, 09:43 AM
I can't see the ghost because the camera strap or something fell in front of the lens and is all blurry and reflecting the light from the flash, and obscuring the left side of the picture. :confused:

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

Sgt_Pepper
02-06-2007, 09:46 AM
"I do believe in ghosts, I do believe in ghosts, I do, I do, I do believe in ghosts!"

:) Had to be said.

Micah Trent
02-06-2007, 10:14 AM
John,
Have you been watching too much Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi?:)

54thovi
02-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Nope, no such thing. My old man taught me that when I was about 6 and we went to a cemetary on Halloween night. BTW doing park watch at G'burg we catch all kinds of ghost hunters in the park after hours looking for ghosts. Most are folks looking for a thrill and not out to do harm. They leave peacefully after we call the rangers on them. I've been out all over the park past closing at Devils Den, Cemetary Hill, Little Round Top (all the top paranormal spots) never saw anything other than monuments and ghost hunters, and reenactors, etc. Does make for a great tourist trap industry in town though...

John Feagin

John Legg
02-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Part 2

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/Sinkdigger/100_0447.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/Sinkdigger/100_0491.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/Sinkdigger/100_0502.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/Sinkdigger/100_0547.jpg

John Legg
02-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Part 3
mroe above

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/Johnlegg1234/Picture358.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/Johnlegg1234/Picture380.jpg

MStuart
02-06-2007, 11:52 AM
These would be photos of my g-g-g uncle, Hezekia "Smokey" Hogue (on my mothers side). The years on "the other side" haven't changed him much. :-)

Mark

hanktrent
02-06-2007, 12:32 PM
The ghost holding the camera--now that's impressive. He really looks like a real person!

If you think the other pictures look like anything other than random objects dangling in front of the lens or dust reflecting light, you might want to google "Pareidolia."

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

John Legg
02-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Thats my pard "weasle". There was nothing dangling in front of the camera. It was a clear night.

Rob Weaver
02-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Uh-huh. I saw this really cool picture of Mary Todd Lincoln with a ghostly image of the President standing behind her with his arms on her shoulders. Eerie.

toptimlrd
02-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Sorry John, it still looks like dust particles and light condensation inside the lens housing to me. Every roll of film I shoot in the outdoors at night has several of these types of images on it.

tenfed1861
02-06-2007, 02:48 PM
John,I do alittle ghost researching myself.90% of "orb" photos can be explained:dust particles,water dropplets (in this case),bugs,or just something wrong withh the camrea.I'm afraid that the orbs photos can be explained.As far as the others?They are much harder.Its clearly not smoke because it's too dense and thick.Try sending these photos to different ghost hunter groups and ask them to explain if anything is possible due to smoke,ect.
Cullen

bulletsponge
02-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Duuuuuuuude. It's like, wow man. Surfin' Ghosts.

captdougofky
02-06-2007, 07:22 PM
John

I have been going to Perryville for over forty years, I started when I was ten. I'm not ten anymore. I have heard about the Ghosts at Perryville and a number of peole say they have seen them. If Gettysburg can have Ghosts given what went on at Perryville it would not be uncommon to think a few might lurk this ground as well.

Always
Doug Thomas
Lyons Battery CS
Kentucky

TeamsterPhil
02-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Has anyone considered that the photos may have captured the noxious emanations from El Chupacabra? I have heard that they have been sighted in Kentucky.

Phil Campbell
You should send these to George Noory & Art Bell on Coast to Coast AM

WestTN_reb
02-06-2007, 11:57 PM
John,I do alittle ghost researching myself.90% of "orb" photos can be explained:dust particles,water dropplets (in this case),bugs,or just something wrong withh the camrea.I'm afraid that the orbs photos can be explained.As far as the others?They are much harder.Its clearly not smoke because it's too dense and thick.Try sending these photos to different ghost hunter groups and ask them to explain if anything is possible due to smoke,ect.
Cullen

Obviously you've never seen smoke from green pine. I've seen pictures with smoke every bit as substantial and thick as this.
BTW: THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS GHOSTS!

tenfed1861
02-07-2007, 01:02 AM
John,I don't think they built a fire nearby just to fake it.If you notice,smoke usually spreads out and disapprear after afew feet.The only way that this can be smoke is if the fire was right under them/only 2 feet away.No offense,I mean.

first_sgt_8thky
02-07-2007, 03:02 AM
Did you see this and take the picture of it or was it in the pic after you looked at it? I have a great pic that I took in Norfolk, VA on my honeymoon. For some reason I can't get it on here. We were walking downtown after dark and took a pic of the Confederate monument that is downtown among the highrises. After getting home and looking at it, there is a white smokey shadowy figure in front of the monument and you can clearly see a face in it. We sure didn't see anything when we took the pic.
As for Perryville perhaps it was a ghost. Of course being there in my home state of KY also, perhaps there was some other kind of smoke being burnt to help keep soldiers warm. I passed more than one camp that weekend that had a funny ghostly burning smell. LOL

John Legg
02-07-2007, 05:28 AM
We were far from camp. If you were at the event. we were on the bill hill.
we saw nothing. We felt the cold chill, so we took pictures 360 degrees around us.

John

GrumpyDave
02-07-2007, 06:56 AM
I see another Ghost hunting business opening in Gettysburg. The white spots are reflections of the flash of of normal dust particles. The shadowy figure is most likley lint or fuzz on the lense. Them ain't no ghosts.

hanktrent
02-07-2007, 10:50 AM
It's a hobby, where the goal is to fool yourself into feeling scared, interpreting normal problems with photography as "ghosts," and using the mind's natural attempts at pareidolia to see shapes and faces in random images. Seems each generation has its accepted conventions on how to go ghost hunting. Spirit rapping in the mid 19th century, ouija seances later, orbs nowadays.

Personally, I think it's a silly hobby that might be mildly amusing, and certainly no sillier than getting excited about finding a rare widget to add to your widget collection, hitting a golf ball into a hole, or even reenacting itself. You set an artificial goal for yourself, pretend it's important until it really does feel important, and then try to achieve it. Those kind of activities are what makes life exciting and challenging, and I indulge in plenty of them.

But the difference is, in other hobbies, most people are aware that what they're doing isn't real. Finding a rare widget at a bargain price is a rush, but people don't claim that the antique store is causing them to feel those sensations and that buying the widget is proof of life after death. The secrets of human existence don't hang on whether the golf ball goes toward the sand trap or the green. Reenactors know they're not really travelling back in time and fighting in the real Civil War.

But what's annoying about ghost hunters--the kind who refuse to reject the obvious simple explanations--is that they not only enjoy their hobby, they expect others to accept their subjective sensations and interpretations as fact. It's like caring nothing about golf, standing beside a golfer, and listening to him say, "Didn't you feel the electric charge around me when I made that perfect swing? Weren't you affected by the force that drew the ball toward the green when I leaned to the left?" Um, no. I'm glad you get a thrill out of golf, but it's not an external objective phenomenon, and just saying it is doesn't make it one.

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

LibertyHallVols
02-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Thats my pard "weasle".

Dude, that SUCKS!!! I didn't know Weasel was dead!!! How come nobody tells me these things????

I hate you guys!
:razz:

tompritchett
02-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Obviously you've never seen smoke from green pine. I've seen pictures with smoke every bit as substantial and thick as this.
BTW: THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS GHOSTS!

One misconception of the general public and scientists both is that, because science can not prove the existence of ghosts, ghosts can not exist. Unfortunately, the absense of proof does not necessarily prove the absense of the phenomenon. There are clear limits to what science can prove and disprove, and issues such as ghosts, reincarnation, life after death, etc. all fall in those limitations. Remember, there are numerous examples of prominent scientists of their day making predictions based upon their limited knowledge of the universe and its laws at the time which later became facts (e.g., man can never reach the moon, man will never fly, bumblebees should not be able to fly, etc.) We still can't explain the placebo effect where someone's belief in the cure ends up affecting the cure even when the "medicine" is nothing but a sugar pill.

jurgitemvaletem
02-07-2007, 02:04 PM
I believe in the paranormal.

My entire family can tell you stories like you wouldnt believe of close encounters.

One thing I remember is that many years ago I was alone in my fathers house, set on a secluded street with three other houses occupied by his great grand mother his great uncle and an empty house previously occupied by his late great aunt. Like I said, I was alone and in the middle of midnight slumber when I woke up to here someone crying. Still being quite groggy, not really even awake, I sat up and asked what was the matter. I remember sitting on my 4 poster bed being cradled in someones arms feeling totaly safe and secure and still in a groggy state falling back into slumber. I awoke the next morning and went about my normal morning routine not totally remembering what happened that night. About an hour later I recieved a phone call from my father telling me granny, his great grandmother had passed away last night.

I will never forget the chill that I felt as the realization of what happened that night fully came to me. I am even getting chills now as I write this. The only explanation I can think of for this is that my fathers late great aunt had sat in my room for comfort as she welcomed her sister into the afterlife.

I have dozens more such happenings that I would be glad to share with anyone interested.

bob 125th nysvi
02-07-2007, 02:18 PM
is basically the same as a belief in a religion or atheism.

It is an acceptance as fact of the unprovable. However lack of proof is NOT proof of non-existance.

That being said how would something not on our plain of existance, outside the realm of our physical science, be captured by something that relies on our known physical science to operate.

Hhhhmmm........

Like UFOs I can accept the concept of the existance of a ghost but I've never seen evidence that I find acceptable.

But let me ask this of the doubters do any of you accept .... say the ability to dowse for water? It is a scientifically unexplained phenomena that I have experienced myself and doubted up to the moment I experienced it.

Pick any unexplained phenomena you like. If you accept it why not accept the possibility of ghosts?

By the way I don't beleive the picture depicts a ghost, but as I've said this is like religion, it's about belief.

Rob Weaver
02-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Dude, that SUCKS!!! I didn't know Weasel was dead!!! How come nobody tells me these things????

I hate you guys!
:razz:
Oh my God, You've killed Weasel, you B*******s!

hanktrent
02-07-2007, 03:28 PM
i
But let me ask this of the doubters do any of you accept .... say the ability to dowse for water? It is a scientifically unexplained phenomena that I have experienced myself and doubted up to the moment I experienced it.

Dowsing is easily explained, and is probably one of the most well studied and commonly debunked "paranormal" abilities. It's a good example of the capacity that human beings have to fool themselves, because those who do it really do report that it feels like "something else" is moving the rod (same effect that operates ouija boards).

But it's the ideomotor effect--an illusion that produces a result which feels real, but isn't. Like watching those optical illusions of printed spirals that appear to rotate, or using a Viewmaster to see flat pictures in 3-D. Our perceptions tell us one thing, but in fact it's just a clever way of tricking our brains.

Here's a good basic article on it. http://www.randi.org/library/dowsing/

If someone can successfully dowse in controlled double-blind conditions, they can win a million dollars through the forum above. No one has been able to. It feels so real. And yet it isn't.

If someone wants to believe in dowsing, fine. But saying it's a scientifically unexplainable phenomenon is nonsense. Successful dowsing has been repeatedly disproven even to be a phenomenon, and the mental effect that makes people *feel* like they're dowsing is well explained.

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

LibertyHallVols
02-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Oh my God, You've killed Weasel, you B*******s!

Rob,

Nice tie-in!! I owe you a shot of Smores Schnapps at Billie Crick Civil War Daze this year. :D

bob 125th nysvi
02-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Dowsing is easily explained, and is probably one of the most well studied and commonly debunked "paranormal" abilities. It's a good example of the capacity that human beings have to fool themselves, because those who do it really do report that it feels like "something else" is moving the rod (same effect that operates ouija boards).

But it's the ideomotor effect--an illusion that produces a result which feels real, but isn't. Like watching those optical illusions of printed spirals that appear to rotate, or using a Viewmaster to see flat pictures in 3-D. Our perceptions tell us one thing, but in fact it's just a clever way of tricking our brains.

Here's a good basic article on it. http://www.randi.org/library/dowsing/

If someone can successfully dowse in controlled double-blind conditions, they can win a million dollars through the forum above. No one has been able to. It feels so real. And yet it isn't.

If someone wants to believe in dowsing, fine. But saying it's a scientifically unexplainable phenomenon is nonsense. Successful dowsing has been repeatedly disproven even to be a phenomenon, and the mental effect that makes people *feel* like they're dowsing is well explained.

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

and see if he is interested in taking the challenge.

Hank the short and sweet of it is that we have a known underground water source, that he knew nothing about. He passed over the site and the stick dipped.

I told him he was faking (careful study of the ground is a pretty good clue as to where the water source is) it and he challenged me to hold the stick in one hand (my left) while he held the other end in his right hand and put his other hand on my back.

I'm pretty close to being double his size and was determined the stick wasn't going to move.

The darn thing dipped at exactly the same spot when we each held one end of it as it had when he held it alone.

So I'm not saying I can do and I did believe it was trick. But he got the stick to move in the hands of a non-beleiver and I didn't "feel" a thing.

Just the bloody stick dropped right where it was supposed to.

But then he has always been able to do things that are a little off. For example the local Iroquis museum came to him because he is able to get Indian style maze to grow to prototypical pre-colonial size while they couldn't based on their combination ancestor/modern knowledge. Now he's got them doing it.

He is one wierd little guy.

Ohioreb1861
02-07-2007, 10:20 PM
John,

I was at Perryville and it was pretty cold at night and the steam from ones breath "could" be a part of it. The 2nd and 3rd picture in #14 post look pretty freaky, the one seems real. The other looks creapy, it looks like a face in the steam on the right side.:rolleyes:

Was this friday or saturday you took the picture? I remember a ghost in the porta john next to me complaining about seeing spots from a camera flash.

road_apple1861
02-08-2007, 07:22 AM
that hill was called Donelson Field

Hardcracker
02-08-2007, 10:58 PM
I've seen spirits when in the presence of Weasel as well.

JW Foust

SmellyFed
02-09-2007, 12:55 AM
I've seen spirits when in the presence of Weasel as well.

JW Foust

Joel - I saw those same spirits too. It was a ghostly Wild Turkey as I recall.

Man I haven't seen weasel in probably 6 or 7 years.

reb64
02-09-2007, 01:09 AM
we were in the middle of a feild. If you dont belive in ghosts, then your missing out on an awesome experience! You will be saying something different when i get that picture.

Besides that big blob, cant you see the orbs
Cheers :)

man its cold out

John

Didn't glenda the good witch touch down in a orb? seriously, why would a semi lucent circle be considered ghostly?

5thNYcavalry
02-11-2007, 11:05 PM
The first one is definantly a finger. look at the bend and shape of it. When it is THAT close to the lanse, it will look like that.
If you felt a cold chill... the smakey stuff could be your breath
REAL orbs are NOT transparent, but omit their own light (Dust is not only picked up by wind, but can be kicked up by walking or build up in the lense of the camera itself, thus the "orb" behind the finger.
And one just looks like either a hair or a piece of grass

Keep in mind, I am a strong beleiver in ghosts.