PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Williamsburg

Highlander
02-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Registration information and registration forms are now available on the Endview Website at http://www.endview.org/civil.html
Registration has been lowered to help with reenactor traveling expense. All Mounted Cavalry and Artillery Battery's will receive their registration fee back when arriving at Endview. This is more fair to (all Mounted Cavalry & Artillery units) instead of bounties for just a few units.
Endview is expecting the largest turn out ever this year. This event may just save Endview from further development. So they need your help before another piece of our National Heritage bites the dust.
Event Date - March, 17 - 18, 2007

Jim Mayo
02-05-2007, 04:27 PM
For those of you that have never been to Endview, here are a couple of pictures I took last year. they are so small a file that they really don't do justice to the view. Development was to take much of what you see here but it has not happened yet. If these pictures could be bigger you still wouldn't see any modern intrusions in spite of being in the middle of city of Newport News. No power lines, towers, phone boxes etc. The picture of the artillery piece shows the Endview mansion in the distance with smoke coming from the chimney and a squad of picketts camped just outside of the yard.

Highlander
03-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Jim,
Send an e-mail to me if you can. Address on my home page. John

tgreene
04-05-2007, 07:13 AM
There have been a lot of rumors floating around for the past couple of years about Endview, but they are not true. The development was never going to take any of the fields that are typically used for the reenactments. We have met with the developers recently and the boundaries will be laid out so as to allow us to keep those fields and part of the woods surrounding the fields. We will have to adjust some of the camps, but we are looking forward to hosting many more events here at Endview. As it looks right now, nothing will begin with that development until the end of '07 and probably not until early 2008. Most of what would even come close to us would not happen for a number of years. We want to make sure that people know what's going on here so we can continue to have events and improve them year after year. I hope this helps to clear up some of the misconceptions concerning Endview.

Tim Greene
Reenactment Coordinator
Endview Plantation
Newport News, VA
www.endview.org