PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Myzie

bill watson
03-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Just a heads-up: Jeff Myzie, known to many of you through the Company I Mess and the 142nd PVI, is now serving in Afghanistan with the 10th Mountain Division. He's going to be filing reports on his experiences -- yes, a lot like a Civil War journal -- and we'll be publishing them in the Pocono Record. The first one is on Sunday, April 19; we'll run three in three days and then wait for the government to give him time to write some more. They are available online: www.poconorecord.com

Bill_Cross
03-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Please extend greetings from another ex-Kearny Guards member and wishes for his safe return home.

FWL
03-21-2006, 06:33 PM
I remember Sergeant Myzie very well (he was my first 1st Sergeant) at my first "campaign event" and several afterwards. He will always be the first Sergeant to me. He rescued my bacon at McDowell 2003 when I overheated due to a lagging infirmity. Later when I tired to impersonate a straggler (which I can do very well) and lag behind the column he would not leave my side. Very irritating but I guess thatís what 1st Sergeants do (whatever the period). Good luck in the mountains Jeff. I hear you can get Enfields cheap over there.

Best wishes to the entire Myzie clan, they are good folks. But keep an eye on that Quarter Master Sergeant "the elder" he's kind of a shifty fellow.

I look foward to the Record's publishing his letters

Frank Lilley
Company I Mess

bill watson
03-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Here ya go:

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060319/NEWS/603190329

That's part one. Two and three are links at the bottom.

Ephraim_Zook
03-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Frank.

"But keep an eye on that Quarter Master Sergeant "the elder" he's kind of a shifty fellow. "

He's got to be shifty if he's going to feed people, period and by-the-book, for less than $6 per person for the whole weekend. :wink:
Foraged smoked hams & sauerkraut maybe sometime this season.

Ron Myzie
Occasionally, Commissary of Subsistance at finer events.
Reg. Penna. Dep. Agr.

FWL
04-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Here ya go:

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060319/NEWS/603190329

That's part one. Two and three are links at the bottom.

Any more posts Bill for some reason I've not been able to get into the PR to find any

FWL
04-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Frank.

He's got to be shifty if he's going to feed people, period and by-the-book, for less than $6 per person for the whole weekend. :wink:
Foraged smoked hams & sauerkraut maybe sometime this season.

Ron Myzie
Occasionally, Commissary of Subsistance at finer events.
Reg. Penna. Dep. Agr.

I rest my case, hungry already

bill watson
04-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Looks like we'll have another Jeff Myzie update on Monday. www.poconorecord.com/myzie

Those of you who are familiar with the incident at McDowell three years ago when "Sgt." Myzie issued rations to everyone but himself will be amused to know he did it again, after a fashion ...

Stickbug
05-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Priceless stories! I'm so glad to be able to read how Jeff's doing. Any chance he can get mail with something to beat back the boredom? I think a few of us might be glad to help...

Doug

Ephraim_Zook
05-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Doug,

Thanks for the kind offer. At this point he is fairly well supplied with niceties. Between family and a cheering section at work, I think he is OK. I've been trying to accomodate specific requests from him and from his men.

Also, a local organization called "Operation Touch of Home" just this past weekend collected donations in kind for Monroe County, PA, GIs serving in combat zones. They solicited contributions at two supermarkets and the K-Mart and had enough to pack solid exactly 200 cardboard boxes, roughly 10" x 12" x 18" in size. Given the number of boxes versus the number of local guys that we've identified, I think each man will receive at least 10 cartons -- to be shared among "pards" of course.

So right now, I don't think he'll want to be overwhelmed playing shipping & receiving clerk for his battery. But when stuff runs out, he'll probably appreciate another box or two.

regards
Ron

Stickbug
05-10-2006, 11:48 PM
It is wonderful to hear of such support for the guys there. I know you will keep us posted if there's anything we can do.

Doug