PDA

View Full Version : UK recruit

Tegan
01-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Hello.
I am from the UK and on a recent trip to America I got to go to a Civil war re-enactment Battle at Horse Landing. I had never been to any war re-enactments in my life and I was lucky to be taken in by a family who were taking part in the re-enactment, I learnt a lot and got to watch the battle and got really interested in the re-enactment as here in the UK there is not much re-enactment. I plan to return to America later this year for the Battle at Horse Landing again and I would love to take part in the battle, but I have figured that its not a case of turn up on the day with the kit and just join in! I have been informed I need to join a unit, but any ideas how I can do that from the UK? Is there a unit that take in first timers?
Any help or information would be helpful.

Thank you for your time;
Tegan

marcaverill
01-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi Tegan,

Try looking up Lazy Jack's Mess - they are a UK based unit. They use to be at lazyjacks.org.uk. That may be the best place for you to start and their site had some great research articles too.

Regards,

John1862
01-29-2007, 09:16 PM
This should help you a bit... http://www.acws.co.uk/

Footslogger
01-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Hi Tegan,
Whereabouts in the UK are you, if you send me an email or PM through my profile. We should chat if you are serious.You will surprised at just how much we do do over here.

Regards

SteveB