PDA

View Full Version : Cavalry Congress: All "Mounted" CW Cavalry Event

Ken R KNopp
01-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Gentlemen,

We are inviting all Civil War cavalrymen.......Main Streamers, Authentic’s, beginners, new-bees (even Farb’s)......... DOESN’T MATTER!......................

FEDERAL, CONFEDERATE, EAST, WEST, TRANS-MISSISSIPPI ..... WHATEVER!

YOU are invited to attend an all-new "all mounted cavalry" living history event.

NO AUTHENTICITY GUIDELINES!

Our purpose is to invite Civil War cavalry reenactors to come together to build cavalry brotherhood, share historical information, drill, organize and have fun. There is no political agenda. This event will have no authenticity requirements (except as stated in our registration form) and no political agendas except organization and historical fraternity.

An event........BY Cavalry Reenactors.................. FOR Cavalry Reenactors!

HOSTS: Host units are The Critter’s of Ga., 7th Tennessee of Tennessee & Valley Light Horse of Va. Well known sutler’s, cavalry saddler’s and authors have been invited to participate. Including Karl Pepper of Glenn Pier Depot; Doug Kidd of Border States Leather; and Chris Utley of Carter & Jasper, David Jarnigan of C & D Jarnigan and author Ken R Knopp.

WHERE: East Fork Stables, JamesTown, Tennessee. Stunningly gorgeous, equestrian oriented campground! Over 100 miles of trails on 12,000 acres of fields, hills and forest including water falls, spectacular overlooks, rock formations, wagon trails, cabins, barns and riding arenas. www.eastforkstables.com

WHAT TO EXPECT: All mounted cavalry- no infantry or artillery. A lot of riding, comradery, sharing info among other cavalrymen, learning and fun! There will be cavalry specific sutler’s, living history type campsite (no spectators), drill in small unit and battalion and, several special Civil War cavalry oriented educational programs in....weapons, saddlery, horsemanship, clothing, accoutrements, authentic food, packing for the campaign and more....

For more information......see the attached flyer and registration form. (Note: as this is our first public announcement our website is not up and running yet BUT SOON WILL BE ... so in about two weeks check it out for more information and updates).

Ken R Knopp

Ken R KNopp
01-29-2007, 10:41 PM
As our web site is not fully functional yet, those desireing more infomation may contact me at the address below.

Ken R Knopp
krk1865@c-gate.net

Ken R KNopp
02-03-2007, 11:33 AM
2007 CAVALRY CONGRESS:

All Unit commanders & Cavalrymen! Please read and pass along this information;

MEMO:

The Cavalry Congress has been established to invite ALL “Civil War cavalrymen”. While we understand that for whatever reason some units may not choose to participate as a unit event this year, please note that individual cavalrymen are most certainly welcome and in fact, are very strongly encouraged to attend!

This event is to gather cavalry troopers who want to immerse themselves in cavalry, learn about drill, fighting dismounted, their horses, saddlery, equipment, weapons, campaigning, etc. and, civil war cavalry “as it was”. In effect, it is a “living history cavalry school” without spectators and NOT a reenactment nor a powder burner. We promise a lot of riding, the opportunity to develop your cavalry skills and a distinctive experience at a beautiful, trail-riding spectacular, horse friendly site.

Although units are welcome to attend we are breaking down overall command and unit structure (NO RANK for ANYONE!) for the purpose of achieving the above and to build cavalry brotherhood. We welcome and invite everyone, particularly individual troopers, who want to ride, learn about cavalry and have a unique cavalry experience to attend..... no matter where you are from, what your equipment or level of experience.

There have been a few questions about our requirements. Our requirements are only three.... that troopers be "mounted" civil war cavalry, come with a good attitude (ready to have fun) and be a "male". Females doing a male impression are not permitted to attend ( just as was required of those we portray).

We would hope that this historically significant fact would not keep those that want to experience this kind of cavalry event from missing such a incomparable opportunity. Please consider attending. I am sure you will enjoy it. See web site for more details: www.cavalrycongress.com

Thank you and let me know if I can be of further service.

Ken R Knopp
krk1865@c-gate.net

Jerry Ross
05-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey Fellas ,

Just curious as to what units (or how many Differrent units )are planning on coming to this event ?

I am planning a talk on food and will make up some hand outs. I will make extras if I know how many I need .

Thanks
Jerry Ross
Critter Co

Ken R KNopp
06-06-2007, 07:35 PM
“Now” is the time boys! If you are planning on attending this event you MUST get your registration in now! We need a head count ASAP! Let us know here on this forum AND get your registration in as quick as possible.

Ken R Knopp
www.cavalrycongress.com

Ken R KNopp
06-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Gentlemen,

It is with great disappointment that I must announce the postponement of the Cavalry Congress. Sadly, for various reasons including family issues, work, vacations and sickness, several of our key leadership/instructors have recently been forced to drop out. With that kind of successive, critical and late fallout, the task of reorganizing is impossible. Therefore, after discussion with several others we have decided it best to postpone the event- for now.
This was and remains a GREAT idea! The reasons and enthusiasm for the event are still vibrant and alive to the extent that we are considering another time possibly this coming winter or spring. For now however, it is too early to predict anything. Having put a lot of time, thought and effort into this (and some cost), many of us are obviously very disappointed. I know several people were looking forward to it and will too be disappointed but, such is life.
To those that registered, you will receive a full and timely refund. To them and, to those of you who were planning on attending or that worked to make this a reality, please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences you might have incurred. The “debut” and work of several exciting new cavalry products such as the Spanish Moss saddle blankets and pads, British numnahs and more items will continue. Look for more information on these to be announced via the usual forums, etc. Those seeking additional information on this or any other subject may contact me via email below.

“Honor is bestowed upon those that also honor and remember their heritage and the deeds of their forebearers.”

Ken R Knopp
krk1865@c-gate.net