PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Reenactor Appreciation Weekend

dionys_5
01-27-2007, 02:26 PM
March 2, 3, 4, and 5, 2007. This is for all of you! If you have not heard of this as yet, this is an event to thank all reenactors/living historians for coming to Gettysburg. Whether it is to participate in the Gettysburg Reenactment or Living History on the Battlefield, or just your presence in uniform, which draws tourists to a small town that practically lives off of tourism.
There are discounts from the motels,/hotels, merchants, restaurants, gift shops and free door prizes, 2 - free balls, free teas, a chance to play a historical Gettysburg Wargame with hundreds of handpainted metal miniatures, entertainment, and a chance to just relax with your pards and trade war stories. You don't have to attend anything. If you wear your uniform, you will get discounts. However you do have to attend some of the events if you want a chance for a doorprize. Prizes are donated by the local merchants, some of which are from all of the local sutlers.
So, if your unit is not doing anything the first weekend in march, then come on down and check it out. Nobody on this committee is getting paid for putting on this event. It is all on a volunteer basis, with donations from the Merchants of Gettysburg. You are appreciated more than you realize!

Please write me back for more information or check out the link listed below.
http://www.patriotpoint.us/gettysburgreenactors.html

tompritchett
02-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Bump. Just on the horizon.

Sgt_Pepper
02-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Ten character minimum bump.

Sgt_Pepper
03-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Ten character minimum bump.

cjdaley
03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Prizes are donated by the local merchants, some of which are from all of the local sutlers..

I keep participating every year in hopes that they spell my name correctly.

Once again, they spelled my name wrong...oh well, looks like I'll have to try again next year :)

GrumpyDave
03-05-2007, 06:48 AM
It was nice all of the local vendors and restaruants seemed to be participating. But, boy, the worst our hobby had to offer sure came out.

Nuff' said.

P.S. Stonewall Jackson did not wear a Bluetooth.

MargaretO'Grady
03-05-2007, 07:57 AM
I initially drove out tentatively for the presentations and in hindsite am sooooooooo incredibly glad that I did! Can't wait for next year and the 1863 Godey's tea....a suggestion for next year is more space in the presentation locations and at the dance - we need room for our skirts! :D

Thank you for a lovely weekend!!!

MAryland Field Hospital
03-05-2007, 10:53 AM
It was nice all of the local vendors and restaruants seemed to be participating. But, boy, the worst our hobby had to offer sure came out.

Nuff' said.

P.S. Stonewall Jackson did not wear a Bluetooth.

I went this weekend but didnt wear my uniform . On the way home we saw one dude all decked out in plumes and furs. He must have just bought a 3 star Confederate Generals uniform that day, it was just way too crisp and farby to be worn to any event ; **** it was too farby for a farby event . Oh the hooting from the car when we drove past him .