PDA

View Full Version : 4th Annual Battle In The Blue Ridge Mountains June 2,3&4 2007

Private Buster Britches
01-24-2007, 06:59 PM
4th Annual Battle In The Blue Ridge Mountains June 2,3&4 2007

Hosted by Camp #379 SCV, this event will be held on 50 acres of land near Old Fort, NC in the Blue Ridge Mountains. This site is about 20 minutes east of Asheville, NC. The event site is the future location of the soon to be recreated Davidsons Fort, which was the westernmost outpost in The Carolinas in the 1770's. For more info check out: www.davidsonsfort.com. 50 percent of the proceeds will go to the Fort Foundation. This is a location change for our event, but the battlefield is much better.

For the 4th year, we will provide all amenities, including ice. We will provide Sat. evenings meal. We will be serving a BBQ feast with all the trimmins', as usual, which is starting to become legendary. We hope to add a dance for Sat. evening, but plans are uncertain at this time. Registration is $5 per adult (both soldier and civilian), with children under 12 free. Walkons are welcome, but will be assigned by the event commander. Specialty impressions are welcome, but must preregister. Artillery will be limited to 10 full scale (6 Federal, 4 Confederate), and powder bounties will be paid. All Cavalry are welcome, and must have Coggins. Awards will be given to the most authentic company street (all branches) and the best drilled company (infantry). For a registration pack or more info contact Jeff Cordell at: cordellcsa@yahoo.com.

Private Darrel Johnson
22nd NC State Troops Company K "The McDowell Boys"
Sons of Confederate Veterans Camp 379

IsleGuy57
01-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi Darrel,

You should be hearing from my unit sometime soon as we've decided to attend your event. We liked that it was local and thought it was one that would be good to attend. As of the meeting a few weeks ago we were planning on attending as Federal. Sorry I don't have any more info for you but I'm the new fish in the unit. :) Looking forward to the event.