PDA

View Full Version : New movie production but not quite CW

Levi Battery
01-22-2007, 01:02 PM
I have been in contact with the producers of an upcoming movie, “Vortex of Revelation”. Thanks again to Major William (Bill) Hartley of the 57th North Carolina Infantry Company A. http://www.geocities.com/anv57regnc/ for the information.

PLEASE NOTE - This is NOT AN ENDOESEMENT of the producers, the book or the film company. I stress that you do your own research into the filming and production company and its holdings and contractual requirements.

If this is as I have heard, it appears to be on the up and up and could prove a valuable teaching tool and avenue for getting out the word about re-enactors and the associations and groups we belong to. The company is also looking for financial investors. There is a funding deadline production and designer and costume designer both need funds to begin work. By December 15th, 2006. With funds they may be postponed or put on hold. You would have to contact them in regards to this and its current status.

Filming is set for this coming June in Gettysburg with other locations such as The Alamo and the Invasion of Normandy (D-Day) as well, including Ford's Theater in Washington City, also being used in the film. I do not have a total list of the cast yet but have been made aware that a direct descendant of the members of The Alamo will be in it. Dave Andrews, an actor who has had roles in TV shows such as Desperate Housewives, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Gilmore Girls, will play one of the lead characters in the film. Emmy Award winner Roger C. Ambrose has signed on as Production Designer. As of now there are over 800 film crew, writers, set and costume designers and cast members involved.

I am currently awaiting further information from the producers such as contractual agreement (if any) billeting, meals etc. I will advise you as I receive information.

They have an open casting call for all Civil War re-enactors both north and south and civilians. There are also openings for “In Persons” or portrayal’s of other time periods in history. There is a need for equipment so I am thinking that we will have to supply items such as uniforms, cannons, horses, weapons etc. I have not received information on that yet. The film adaptation of the novel portion will be shot in Gettysburg on June 14 to 17, 2007.

The story is set in the present day and begins with a farmer in a Gettysburg Pizza Hut witnessing flashes of light outside. Then, the mayor of Gettysburg witnesses the ghost of a Civil War soldier on horseback cross the street in front of his car. As more and more Civil War ghosts march through town, the mayor and police chief call on para-psychologist Jack Urso to investigate. The story is about the second coming of Jesus Christ, and as the End of Days approaches, vortices in time and space open up and the Urso, his wife, a priest and the priest's assistant travel around the world to investigate ghostly sightings, miracles and other mystical activities as judgment day approaches.

Ann Keller, author of Vortex of Revelation, will hold a book-signing Nov. 11 at Waldenbooks in North Hanover Mall Pennsylvania. The event is part of a promotional tour for the upcoming film adaptation of the novel, portion of which will be shot in Gettysburg on June 14 to 17.

Keller will be joined from 1 to 3 p.m. by other cast and crew of the film production. The event will also give prospective extras a chance to drop off resumes and head shots. Patrons will be able to pick up movie posters and autographs, as well.

After the Hanover event, there will be another book-signing at the Chambersburg Waldenbooks, located in the Chambersburg Mall. The Chambersburg Pennsylvania event runs from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.

I am including the contact information for the movie. Contact him at contact. Kerry Eble-Keller

KODRON PRODUCTIONS
830 1/2 Lake Avenue
Elyria, OH 44035

(440) 398-0066 Cleveland, Ohio OR
(210) 745-2119 San Antonio, Texas

kodron@comcast.net
http://ibd.meetup.com/boards/view/vi...thread=2308106

The book is at: http://www.publishamerica.com/shoppi...asp?Search=Yes

The company is at: http://home.comcast.net/~abkeller/kodron.html

If this proves to be a viable avenue and film, I also hope that the National HQ of the Sons of Confederate Veterans and the Civil War Heritage Foundation among others become involved.

Please let me know if you decide to participate. It sounds like fun. Even if the movie does not go into production, what do we have to loose? I will keep also you in touch as to what is going on as I receive information and please do the same for me.

Your’s truly,

John

Levi Battery
01-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Just wanted to pass this along to you'all.

Dear John:

Good morning! Hope that you are well.

We've started adding some of the reenactors to the Vortex Web site at www.vortexofrevelation.com. Go to the Cast & Crew tab, click on Reenactors and you'll see some of the participants. I'll need a wail of a lot more people for the battle scenes, and I'll try contacting some of those folks contained in your previous E-mail directly to see whether they can help us, too. Yes, we will need cannons for the battle scenes.

Moving forward swiftly with Vortex. Initial funding has been secured and we are in talks with a Hollywood producer and trying to line up a Hollywood Director, too.

I learned this past week that US servicemen stationed in the Pacific near Japan are ordering Vortex of Revelation. How neat is that?! And a history teacher has recommended Vortex as "required reading" for his students. Also cool.

Please let me know who might be able to help us. Cameras roll in Gettysburg on June 13, 2007.

Thanks,

Ann B. Keller
Producer
Kodron Productions