PDA

View Full Version : Living History at General Picketts Store

Levi Battery
01-22-2007, 12:58 PM
May 18-19th 2007

I spoke with General Pickett last night. First chance I have had to talk with him by phone. Good guy. Had a little bad luck lately but have faith that he will recover fully.

For you who do not know Paul, in addition to owning "Pickett's General Store", he portrays General George E. Pickett. He is well known in New York and the Gettysburg area. He is an member of the Sons' of Confederate Veterans / Buffalo Guards and active member of the Civil War Heritage Foundation

http://www.geocities.com/civilwarhf/

Paul wanted me to let all of you know that he is planning his annual "Living History" and Simi-re-enactment at his place here in New York for May 2007. He owns a lot of land and can support a number of troops, encampments and field actions. While there you could also take in Cooperstown, West Point and Elmira if you have the time. All worth the trip.

Dates for the event are to be determined due to Mothers Day and Memorial Day. Paul has given us an open invite and hopes that we can make it. I sincerely hope that we can make plans for this event. Please take the time to go to his web site and look over the pictures from previous years events.

http://www.pickettsgeneralstore.com/

SmellyFed
01-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Who is Paul?

Forquer
01-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Who is Paul?

Paul -

I feel 99.999 to 100% sure he ain't you.

YOS,

Kevin O'Beirne
01-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Who is Paul?

I'm from western New York and have never heard of this guy or this event, but--going out on a limb here--I'm gonna guess that he and I don't go to the same type of events.

Best of luck to him... the events in this region are dyin' off and the local crews need something to go to.

huntdaw
01-22-2007, 09:58 PM
No Kevin, after looking at the website, I can guarantee you don't attend the same events as the 'general'.

Bloated_Corpse
01-23-2007, 08:51 AM
A store named after General Pickett in New York State? :-?

I live for the day when a General Sherman's Yankee Candle Shop opens in Georgia. :rolleyes:

Levi Battery
01-23-2007, 08:57 AM
A store named after General Pickett in New York State? :-?

I live for the day when a General Sherman's Yankee Candle Shop opens in Georgia. :rolleyes:

Picketts General Store
4207 State Highway 30
Amsterdam, New York 12010
518-842-8810