PDA

View Full Version : Want to become a re-enactor???

Levi Battery
01-22-2007, 12:51 PM
If you live in the western New York area and want to re-enact, read on.

Are you a history buff? Are you interested in the War Between the States? If so then come join us. Experience it all today first hand as a re-enactor.

Who we are and what we do. We are several batterys if light artillery.

Known as Gabriel Legion, we have Leviís Light Artillery Battery Turnerís Battery and 38th Virginia Battery with us. We like other veterans and re-enactor groups have been entrusted by out forefatherís heritages to ensure that their truths and histories are carried on.

We are accepting memberships in both military and civilian impressions. Bring the whole family! The unit is family oriented and authenticity minded with both Military and Civilian impressions. We exist for the honor and memory of the soldiers and civilians who struggled through our nation's most supreme test.

We participate in several events throughout the year. Battle reenactments, living history encampments, demonstrations and lectures to local libraries. We primarily attend events here in the Western New York area.

We work in conjunction with other historical re-enactor groups to preserve War Between the States history. We work closely with many re-enactor groups and other historical societies. We reject any group whose actions tarnishes or distorts the image of the Civil War soldier or their reasons for fighting. Contact us if you would like more information about there-enacting.

Captain Dave Peglau
Commanding Officer
Capt Peglau email at LevibatteryCSA@aol.com
Lt John Tucker email at john@dixieresearch.com

I also am an associate member with the 57th North Carolina Vol. Inf. Company A. They are our of Baltimore Md. Their commander is Major William Hartley. I have a special attachment to this unit because it was my GGG Grandfather (Lt Benjamin Parnell)ís old command out of Davie County NC.

I am including their contact information for you if you live in the Maryland/Virginia/Pennsylvania areas.

anv57regnc@yahoo.com

http://www.geocities.com/anv57regnc/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anv57regnc/

John