PDA

View Full Version : Kalamazoo, MI area

arffguy
01-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Anyone looking to join a reenacting group in the Greater Kalamazoo area, the 1st Michigan Vol. Infantry wants you! We are a dedicated, military focused, yet relaxed group that participates in 8-12 events per year throughout the Lower Michigan and Northern Indiana area. Please contact me at arffguy@hotmail.com if you are interested and I will get the information to you. A website is in the works so stay tuned. (We also have a Ladies/Civilian Auxilary for family members of the male Soldiers. Soldiers must be 14 or older) Hope to hear from you soon. Take care and Stay Safe.

Brent Reeves
arffguy@hotmail.com
(269)207-4558

SmellyFed
01-11-2007, 07:07 PM
I half considered moving there.

Not sure I'd really want to live in K-zoo or want my kids going to Kalamazoo Central but free college tuition anywhere in the state sure looks attractive.

Good luck with your group.

arffguy
01-11-2007, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=SmellyFed]I half considered moving there.

Not sure I'd really want to live in K-zoo or want my kids going to Kalamazoo Central but free college tuition anywhere in the state sure looks attractive.
[QUOTE]

Yeah I wouldn't blame ya. I'm in Portage so I never had/have to worry about kids in KZOO schools. but heck yeah, free tuition is nice so maybe. take care.:cool:

Minieball577
01-11-2007, 08:47 PM
I half considered moving there.

Good luck with your group.

I did my student teaching at K-Central, and truthfully, the school is much better than the reputation. I thought it was going to be a typical "urban" high school but was pleasantly suprised by the level of academic ability and interest in the students. I do not feel that same feeling in the current job I have at a school in a much better side of town. Don't let the reputation ruin what the reality is.

csuppelsa
01-11-2007, 11:12 PM
The Kalamazoo Air Zoo makes it worth moving there.

arffguy
01-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Yeah. I work at the Airport at a Fire Captain. We used to get free admission before the new one was built. But it's still worth paying 20 to see it. Nice place. Have a good one.

Brent Reeves

GreencoatCross
01-12-2007, 10:22 PM
I live in the Vine Neighborhood in Kalamazoo, been there for two years. Right now I'm co-managing a kitchen down in Portage and about to set up a sewing workshop and show room a little north of town at a friend's place along the river.

Would you happen to know a guy with the last of Maddox? I ran into him at Field's Fabrics a year ago....overheard him talking about looking for Civil War era uniform fabrics. I haven't been in touch with him since but he's from the Kalamazoo area.

Brian White
Wambaugh, White, & Co.
www.wwandcompany.com

arffguy
01-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah. He's my Commander. Captain of the 1st MI. Jeff Mattix. Can get you in touch with him if you get anything worked out with that sewing thing. let me know.

Brent