PDA

View Full Version : 164th NY

cosgood
01-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Chums,

Looking for recruites for the newly formed 164th NY "Corcorans Irish Zouaves". The 164th NY is a member unit of the Calico Boys, a campaign oriented company made up of several groups in NY and PA.

While our impression is a unit specific portrayal we also have both basic federal uniforms and CS uniforms for events where there are no zouave impressions.

The 164th NY is based in Central, NY and PA. The uniform is the same as the Hawkin's zouave uniform sans the fez which is dark blue with a green tassle. They were the only all irish zouave regiment in the army of the potomac and members of Corcorans Irish Legion.

At this point we have no website, however do have a yahoo groups with plenty of information, including pictures of the original regiment etc..

If interested in being part of a unique civil war group email me at caseyosgood@yahoo.com

thanks,

Anders
01-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Casey,

Good to see you posting and back "in the game"

Hope to see you soon.

Pards,

cosgood
01-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Chris,

A little break was all I needed. See ya at the officers school.

cosgood
01-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Chums,

Here's a link to our new website. Right now its not close to being finished, but its a start.

http://www.geocities.com/zouave164thny/

cosgood
01-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Just a note our recruiting area is becoming larger. New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia/Virginia, and Ontario, Canada.

thanks,

Bloated_Corpse
01-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Once you guys get up and running at some point you should approach Richmond National Battlefield Park
about doing a Living History program at Cold Harbor. Although the exact site where the 164th charged
is still on private property, at the Garthright House RNMP Unit you're standing directly across Boatswain's Creek
from where Col. McMahon fell.

http://www.thewildgeese.com/pages/images/mcmdies.jpg
Death of Colonel James McMahon
164th NY at Cold Harbor
June 3, 1864,

cosgood
01-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Bill,

One step ahead of you, I have already contacted them about a LH in 2008.

Nice sketch

thanks,

Bloated_Corpse
01-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Bill,
One step ahead of you, I have already contacted them about a LH in 2008.
Nice sketch thanks,Cool. Look forward to seeing you guys there.

That is a neat sketch, isn't it? I first saw it on the cover of the book "A Party of Mad Fellows: The Story of the Irish Regiments in the Army of the Potomac" by Frank Boyle.