PDA

View Full Version : Battle on the Ohio-Erie Canal, Zoar Ohio set for Sept. 15/16

kingofzoar
01-09-2007, 10:18 AM
The 51st Ohio Volunteers Infantry, Co. B., Inc. would like to invite you once again to the Battle on the Ohio-Erie Canal in Zoar Ohio on September 15th & 16th. The ANV has made this event a maximum effort event and we are told to expect between 1000 and 1500 johnnies. We hope our Yankee brethren will come to our aid! On Friday we put on a presentation for around 900 school kids from the local school district. If anyone would like to participate, please come early on Friday. Please visit our web site for more information at www.zoarcivilwar.com.

Capt,
Mark L. Gaynor
51st Regiment Ohio Volunteers
Co. B.

Jeffrey Cohen
01-18-2007, 01:07 PM
I'd love to go, what a great name for an event, we could battle the Romulons and the Borg.
Written in jest, we will be voting on it.

VaTrooper
01-18-2007, 07:36 PM
The 6th Ohio Cav asked us to go and most of us probably will but Im not doing any out of state events till I get some more holidays saved up for work.

TheBaldYankee
01-24-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm really looking forward to this event. I could not think of a better place in NE Ohio to have an event. If you have not visited Zoar, you should check it out. Any lover of History will instantly fall in love with this town. It's like a time warp (not the Rocky Horror varity:p ). And if you like bratwurst, the Zoar Tavern is the place to stop after the event.

Levi Battery
01-24-2007, 10:14 AM
I've heard many great things about this event. I know that the Southern Cross Battalion and perhaps my battery wil be attending.

John

bizzilizzit
01-24-2007, 12:03 PM
And if you like bratwurst, the Zoar Tavern is the place to stop after the event.

The tavern was closed and up for sale two years ago (the flood didn't help) - has it reopened?
Elizabeth

TheBaldYankee
01-24-2007, 03:16 PM
The tavern was closed and up for sale two years ago (the flood didn't help) - has it reopened?
Elizabeth
Indeed it has reopened. I forgot to mention thier delicious, monster-sized burgers. However, that is just one of many great reasons to come to the event.

TheBaldYankee
04-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Shameless Bump.

reb4lee
07-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Dear Folks,
Does any one if any confederate units from New England are attending? I noticed it on our schedule but nothing has been said about it. Sound's like a ton of fun. Hope I can go! :D

brutus
07-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I may have to skip my sister's wedding for this one. :idea:

TheBaldYankee
07-25-2007, 04:27 AM
Dear Folks,
Does any one if any confederate units from New England are attending? I noticed it on our schedule but nothing has been said about it. Sound's like a ton of fun. Hope I can go! :D
I couldn't tell you who is coming from where, but if you send a PM to the OP, KingofZoar, he may have the answer.

However, if you would like to make the trip out here, I'm certian there will be somebody to fall in with. Heck, if you want to be a Yankee for the weekend you could probably hang with us.

RichLather
07-25-2007, 12:37 PM
That said, I'm sure all the grey and butternut that could be summoned to Zoar would be appreciated.

TheBaldYankee
07-26-2007, 03:16 AM
That said, I'm sure all the grey and butternut that could be summoned to Zoar would be appreciated.
Indeed they would, sir. The more the better I say.