PDA

View Full Version : Federal Campaign Company for Resaca

trippcor
01-08-2007, 08:24 AM
I am forming a Federal Infantry Company for the Battle of Resaca event being held on May 18-20 in Resaca Georgia. This event is being sponsored by the Georgia Division. The company I am forming with assistance from members of the 10th Texas, GA Stateline, WIG and others will be a campaigner company.

For this event we will be portraying Co. K of the 7th Ohio Volunteer Infantry. The 7th Ohio was formed in 1861 and for many of it's original members the Battle of Resaca was their last action before being discharged from service. The 7th Ohio was assigned to the 1st Brigand, 2nd Division of the XX Army Corp (White stars) just prior to the Battle of Resaca. Prior to that they had been in the 1st Brigand, 2nd Division of the XII Army Corp. At the time of Resaca Co. K had only 33 members with 1/3 of those being officers and NCOs. So we have a chance to have an authentically sized company.

If we do get more that end up with more than 33 folks registered for the company and it looks like we will based on intial responses, I will either change the Company we portray to match the numbers as closely as possible or split into more than one company if we have the numbers to accurately portray 2 or more companies from the 7th.

For more information about this Federal Campaigner Company being raised or to register go to: http://tandpcorbin.home.mindspring.com/resaca2007/index.htm

tenfed1861
01-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Tripp,
Is this gonna be a WIG event?Just curious.
Cullen Smith

trippcor
01-08-2007, 01:05 PM
This is not a WIG event. Thie campaigner company was my brain child. Several WIG members will be taking part though.

tenfed1861
01-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Cool.I might have to fall in with you boys.Or just hang out alittle bit if that's cool.
Cullen

trippcor
01-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Come on and join the fun. It should be interesting to see Mr. Craddock toting a rifle.