PDA

View Full Version : Independent Re-enactor for hire!

CivilWarBuff1863
01-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Well not exactly for hire but you know what I mean. :p I'm in the non-profit catalog! ;)

I'm an independent re-enactor and have been for 3 years now. I have been through enough drilling and gun safety as there is (4 years expierence). I am willing to move on to better things and to improve my impression as I see fit to do. Improving my impression and getting the public aware of the history of this country's past is what motivates me.

I have the following items (Union impression):

Sack Coat
Trousers
Suspenders
Forage Cap
Cap Pouch
Cartridge Box w/ sling
Belt w/ buckle
1853 Enfield Musket w/ cloth sling
Bayonet w/scabbard & frogg
Double Bag Knapsack
Vest
Stainless Steel Canteen
Skillet
Brogans
Half Shelter
Emergency Blanket w/handmade "U.S." stitching I did myself
White Gaiters (Got them and prepare to use them)

I might go for other impressions as well. Either I can pick up a Confederate uniform, a sharpshooter uniform or both, which gives me the oppertunity to portray one or the other. Soon as I get enough money I will go that way. Anything to improve and understand each one.

So if you need an extra man in your outfit give me an e-mail or just respond on here.

YHOS,
Wil Clark
Independent Re-enactor

JMByrnes
01-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Sent you a PM

MStuart
01-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Where do you live?

Mark

CivilWarBuff1863
01-08-2007, 04:29 AM
I live in Pennsylvania in Cambria County in a little town known as Johnstown. If you've ever heard of "Flood City" then that's where it's at. Johnstown had 3 major floods: 1889, 1936 & 1977. You can look it up online about the history of Johnstown to learn more.

CivilWarBuff1863
01-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Here's what my ugly mug looks like dressed like a blueberry:
http://myspace-801.vo.llnwd.net/01530/10/87/1530237801_m.jpg

MDRebCAv
01-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey, my Mom was born there--well, just outside in a town that is now a land-fill--Jazza Hill. Have relatives in Holsopple (my Aunt Mary is a Holsopple) and Hooversville.

Love the area...do a lot of camping at Graceville on the Juniata--between Breezewood and Everett. Not enough gray there though (LOL)

MDConfederate
01-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Wil, you might want to contact me regarding the CVG. The CVG or Chesapeake Volunteer Guard is a progressive unit that does both US and CS impressions. We are also working on sharpshooter impressions and tactics for late war events when appropriate. Last year we held a special sharpshooter camp of instruction at Pamplin Park which was very good. I am the company commander for Co. A, CVG and could use a few more good men on the line. If you are looking to move forward, head in an authentic direction, and learn more about sharpshooters, we may be the group for you. I'm also a member of 2nd Maryland, Company H which is a Confederate infantry unit based in Maryland. Feel free to email me at winderranger@comcast.net.

John A. Wyman

CivilWarBuff1863
01-09-2007, 02:45 PM
I'll keep everyone in mind and I'll e-mail those ASAP who have given me their e-mail addresses. ;)

Henry_Rifle
01-22-2007, 11:50 AM
My oh my . . .