PDA

View Full Version : Straw hats now available from Carter & Jasper

CarterandJasper
01-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Carter & Jasper now offers men's straw hats in the following styles. These hats are made of the finest wheat straw and are sewn together with straw colored cotton thread. Unlike most other reproductions available, they are not held together with monofilament line. These hats are all specially made and are not generic Amish or other types of straw hats that have been converted. The hats are finished with a pigskin sweatband and a silk grossgrain crown ribbon in either brown, tan, blue, or black. Finishing work on the hats was done by Mr. Tim Bender. The straw will darken with age and wear. The hats can also be easilly shellaced and shaped into brim shapes, etc. Please see below for pictures of available styles and sizes. Custom work is available, and currently in the works is a "bell crown" style straw hat. If you don't see your size or wants, let me know and it can be done. The hats will also be added to my new website, www.carterandjasper.com.

SIZES / STYLES AVAILABLE

4 inch crown with 4 inch brim -

Tan ribbon size 7 1/2
Black ribbon size 7 1/4
Brown ribbon size 7 1/4
Blue ribbon size 7 3/8

4 inch crown with 3 inch brim -

Special shellaced version (curved brim) with blue ribbon size 7 3/8
Brown ribbon size 7 1/2
Brown ribbon size 7 1/4
Tan ribbon size 6 7/8
Black ribbon size 7

5 inch crown with 5 inch brim (farmer style hat) -

Brown ribbon size 7 3/8 (2)
Black ribbon size 7 5/8
Black ribbon size 7 3/8
Black ribbon size 7 3/4

Hats are $49.00 each plus shipping. Photos will be available soon on my website, or are now viewable on the Authentic Campaigner website (couldn't get them to upload on here..sorry!).

Chris Utley
Carter & Jasper
www.carterandjasper.com

Brownlow
01-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Just wanted to say that the website is a sure dandy. Great work on the site and your quality items.

Kind Regards

Greg S Barnett

Knoxville

CarterandJasper
01-08-2007, 05:19 AM
Mr. Barnett,

Thank you for the compliment and taking the time to come in and look around.

Anders
01-11-2007, 03:18 PM
When will the hats be availible on the web site?

Thanks

PArds,

CarterandJasper
01-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Chris,

They'll be up as soon as I can figure out my new tutorial to post them! I have been trying, but long, long, work days have not helped the matter. If you'll email me at carterandjasper@yahoo.com, I'll be glad to send you the pics via email.

Chris Utley
www.carterandjasper.com

Ohioreb1861
01-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Hey Chris,

I need to spend some money, know of a good sutler??? :D

Site looks great, keep up the good work.

John Legg
01-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Jay,

Why dont you just buy from chris?

JOhn

3rd Alabama
01-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Jay,

Why dont you just buy from chris?

JOhn

You don't get sarcasm do you?

tompritchett
01-12-2007, 10:06 AM
You don't get sarcasm do you?

Moderator hat: Careful.

Reenactor hat: Give the guy a break. Look at the time of the post. He probably hasn't time to drink all his morning coffee.

Ohioreb1861
01-12-2007, 04:31 PM
:D Sarcasm it was:D