PDA

View Full Version : Prickly City 3/13/06

sbl
03-13-2006, 07:51 AM
"Joke" is way off.

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/prc/2006/prc060313.gif

Barney was overzealious but competent! Remember when Andy and his girlfriend were trapped in the cave? Barney was right there with a real rescue team. (Even though they had already escaped, Andy and his girlfriend went back to be rescued.)

His boss Sheriff Andy was laid back and competent.

Frenchie_2006
03-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Some people have no sense of respect and nothing is too sacred for them to use it to make political points. I'm listening to NPR and waiting for someone to blame the President for the unfortunately-timed death of Slobodan Milosevic.

sbl
03-13-2006, 11:20 AM
"Some people have no sense of respect and nothing is too sacred for them to use it to make political points."

Whoooooaaa.....SNAP!

MStuart
03-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Ange,,,,,,wanna go down to the store and get a bottle of pop?

Mark

sbl
03-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Mark,

I have warm memories of Andy and Barney.......my father was "Andy" as the Rockport town harbormaster. His assistants weren't "Barney", but eager and competent.
For a Southerner, the cartoonist really misunderstood the Barney charector.

"Since 1996, Scott Stantis has been the editorial cartoonist for The Birmingham News, Alabama's most read newspaper, and he produces an editorial cartoon weekly for USA TODAY. His work is syndicated to over 400 newspapers and has been featured by Newsweek, U.S. News and World Report, The New York Daily News, The Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, CNN, "CBS This Morning" and "Nightline."