PDA

View Full Version : Farb, farb, farb, farb!

flattop32355
01-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Okay, now I'm gonna make the claim: I'm the first one here who ever stated emphatically and for the record that every reenactor is a farb, differing only in degree.

Am I right about my claim? Let's hear from all you low-life, swill-drinkin', card playin' swine in both blue and gray, what say ye? Does anyone know of a prior, similar or identical documented statement to that effect?

If Grumpy Season is in full tilt, I'm gonna make the most of it! :)

MStuart
01-05-2007, 11:27 PM
I was here, I read it. And you were the first, Bernard.

Mark (Former Spades "Doubles" co-champion of the USAF OSI and current low-life swine)

Trooper Graham
01-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Mark (Former Spades "Doubles" co-champion of the USAF OSI

)

You play double deck Pinochle too?

MStuart
01-06-2007, 12:05 AM
You play double deck Pinochle too?

Negative. Keeping an eye on the "ace" was about as much as my nimble brain could keep track of. Multi-faceted I ain't.

Mark

Ohioreb1861
01-06-2007, 12:08 AM
I have to pee, i'll be right back... hold my cards.:rolleyes:

MStuart
01-06-2007, 12:11 AM
I have to pee, i'll be right back... hold my cards.:rolleyes:

Take your time......I won't look. ;-)

Hey, where'd Bernard go? He asks "the big question" then he goes to bed?

Mark

flattop32355
01-06-2007, 10:54 AM
We went from "Everyone's a farb" to card games in three posts.

This proves that God has a sense of humor, if not satire.

Forquer
01-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Okay, now I'm gonna make the claim: I'm the first one here who ever stated emphatically and for the record that every reenactor is a farb, differing only in degree.

Am I right about my claim? Let's hear from all you low-life, swill-drinkin', card playin' swine in both blue and gray, what say ye? Does anyone know of a prior, similar or identical documented statement to that effect?

If Grumpy Season is in full tilt, I'm gonna make the most of it! :)

............But if memory serves, one of the first to emphatically make the same claim in reference to ACW reenacting was the late, great Wes Clark (okay, so he's not dead yet). That was done both on this forum and the old CW Reenactor's Listserve (how many people were part of that?). I'm sure that 6 or 7 major crashes later none of those posts remain.

Of course, that was long ago in a galaxy far, far, away.

YOS,

Spinster
01-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Doc B,

Chawls said it before you did. Named it and claimed it hisownself.

Don't know if he said it before Wes Clark did, but he's said it enough in recent years to have you beat.

Nevermind that occassionally my gals are much relieved when I pronounce it to be 'farbolicious week'. This usually happens when we are on a multi-week run of events, have been sleeping in the dirt wayyyyy too much, even the Osman kettles are getting moldy, and we are seriously comptemplating flinging rude schoolchildren into the fire.

This usually means it is time that I send out for chocolate ice cream with double chocolate chunks---half gallon each, all around.

They did not have it and did not use it. Might not have been a war if it had exisited.

flattop32355
01-08-2007, 01:57 AM
Chawls said it before you did. Named it and claimed it hisownself.

Somehow, I have a hard time seeing Chawls saying such a thing about himself. I'd near have to hear him admit to it himself to believe such a thing could happen, him being the paragon of reenacting virtue that he is. ;)

It's nice to know that you, too, occasionally succumb to the evils of the real world. Just as we sometimes like to intrude upon the real world with the reenacting one, sometimes the reverse is needed as well.