PDA

View Full Version : I am FARB, and I am Proud!!!!!

general_pen
01-05-2007, 03:16 AM
What gets me is when you "Hardcore farbs" out there complain about other farbs. Hey wake up and smell the horse soiled roses, I know this might shock you so you might want to sit down for this bit of tid bits and r-e-a-d--s-l-o-w-l-y. EVERYONE OF US THAT PUTS ON THE UNIFORM AND REENACTS ANY TIME PERIOD IS A TOTAL FARB!!!!! I know that was a lot for you to take so I will pause then after you read it a couple of times then I will continue so I don't give you to much of a head ache getting all this info in your heads............................................. .................................................. ..... Are you ready for me to continue?? Know pay attention if you can. Lets start at the begining. How many of you buy those ungodly overpriced uniforms just so they have the exact stitching per inch as you think the orignals had? Come on you know who you are... Your the reenactors nobody wants to talk to because your to busy sizing up your stitches with everyone elses in your unit instead of spending that time teaching our youth about the civil war, leaving it to the underwitten histroy books to fail our fathers that served in the war. How many of you really think that the stitches were precise back then? They were all done by hand and there could not be two of the same kinds it is just humanly impossible. Not all the states could afford to supply their men with the finest of fine. So for those that are like me that buy uniforms off sutler row.. My hats off to you for keeping it real... Wait one minute I am not thru when I am done, then you all that go broke to give the brits your hard earned cash instead of your fellow American brother can have your say.
Before I go any farther with this how many out there are above the height 5 Ft 6 In and weigh over 115 lbs.. You bet I have my hand up and for all you hardcores that have your hands up guess what.. You are FARB.
So now you have your unifoms, and its time to fight so you load all of your stuff in your trailer or your vehicle and drive to the sight of the battle for the weekend. But wait did I say that right lets recap, "you load all of your stuff in your trailer or your vehicle and drive to the sight of the battle for the weekend.", yeah, I said it right. If I recall, now all you Hardcore's correct me if I am incorrect, but I swore that I read it some where that those that fought in the war marched, or rode to battles on horses or wagons. I don't ever recall seeing in any book about the war where Jeb Stewart rode his Honda Civic though the battlefields to fight off the invading Yankees as they galantly charged in their Ford King Ranch 4x4's. I don't ever recall reading were the Northern artillerymen had to hurry to get there Artillery pieces off the flat bed trailers and hooked up to their Polaris ATV so they can get in position before the attacking rebs overrun their camps. Hold on let me think about this...........Yeah, No i can't think of a book that said anything about horseless vehicles taking our fallen heroes to the fight. So unless you pack everything on your back or your horse to go to a reenactment and then back home then guess what.... You are a FARB. Now don't go getting me wrong I know of a few that would not go to a reenactment that they could not walk or ride their mounts there and they are the true hardcores and I tip my hat to them, but they are few and far between.
Now you are in camp and you decide to set up your A-frame tent. Its summer time and you are only going to be camping for one maybe two nights. Well if you have a wedge setup or wall and you are not a high ranking officer. Then guess what...Hey your catching on thats correct.. You are a Farb. If you are in camp and eat anything besides beans, coffee, and Hardtack for the weekend ....then what are you??? Thats right a FARB.
What about that chilli you ate last night it is messing with your stomach, you better hurry and dig your hole. Whats that you can't dig a hole. its not allowed..it is an enviromental concern... You need a what.. A Port-A-John. Why thats FARB. Well then guess what in your time of need.. You are a FARB.
So now your on the field you have drilled and drilled between the stitch counting and poking fun at those that come just for the love of the hobby that you call farbed of course and it time for the fight you get the command to load your rifles, those important commands..Ready...Aim...Fire. You fire rifles and wait the oppsing Army is still advancing you fire again and agian. Whats going on they are not falling down..but wait you are firing blanks. Now I am not that stupid to think that we need to put ammo in our rifles but is the defined terms of FARB "To Be Far From Authentic". I know that in the civil war more peolpe died from disease than lead but there was lead involved somewhere. So to those that are not stupid enough put bullets in their rifles and shoot them at people on that other side of the field like me I thank you, but guess what..... You are still a FARB.
Now the battle is over and you pack all your stuff in some kind of transport to go home. But wait you are hardcore you can't go home you have to start marching on and get to the next battle. Whats that you only go to the national events that happen every five years and you have a job and family to get back to. What kind of talk is that. Our fallen heroes had a job and family to go home to but they had to go the next battle and I do believe the next battle was not in five years in was almost that same week. So let me get this straight you claim you are hardcore and you go to only national events. So what do you do in the mean time??? You sit at your home on your computer and make fun of people like me that are not hardcore. What is wrong with this..... I sure that the PC (personal computer) was not around in the 1860's maybe the 1960's, I don't believe that between battles our fallen heroes ran to the nearest Starbucks to sip down a coffee and check email. So guess what since you are the ones that make fun of me and my farbed comrades I quote Carlos, " DEE DEE DEE", You are a FARB.
You now I could go on and on about how everyone in this hobby is a FARB, But you know what I have a life and I don't care what you think or what you do. What I care about is when a child and his family come to my camp to check out my guns, and my tents and they leave my camp with a smile and few memoires and a tale about my Great Great Grandfathers serving their countries because of their beliefs in what was right. Keeping that part of history alive is what I care about. It is those kids that are going to grow up and keep our hobby going when you old farts are dead and when I am the old fart. But for those that insist on chasing good reenactors out of the hobby because you want to haggle over a stitch per inch, remember that all the credit for killing the hobby goes all to you.
I am almost done for those that are chomping on the bit to write me back and make a comment about my posting and tear all apart like it was the end of the world, checking my grammer and spelling and making stupid posting about that and ignoring the real reasons for my posting.
Now all those that are like me lets say it together, "I am FARB and I am Proud!!!", You hardcore people can say it too and it will help you come to terms that you are just like the rest of us.
All I have to say is qoute from my grammer school teacher "Becareful pointing fingers, Because when you do you have three fingers pointing at you". For you that can't figure that qoute out, take your right hand and point your index finger at something in you home, Now look at your hand notice the three other fingers pointing back at you.
Now I am not saying that you "Hardcore" can't try to be hardcore about the hobby. I'm saying instead of worring about my impression on the civil war, why don't you worry about your impression on others. Like I said before I am not the 100% by the book reenactor, you can come in my camp and see that in the morning. But when I see something wrong I correct it, I don't sit back on my PC and make fun of people for their FARBS. How can the hobby better itself with people that do that. When I do correct it I am not the Horses Ass like some out there and make the person feel two feet tall. I correct it like I would want some one to come correct me. Like I was a friend. Like it or not when we do these kind of hobbies we are the odd man out (If you don't believe me, wear your uniform to Mcdonalds after an event to feed your family and watch all the eyes on you) and all that do this are each others friends. There are so many events that I go to and someone will come up to me and start talking to me like I was there cousin and it will take me while but I will remember that the reason this person is talking to me is because we shared some beers at an event two seasons back and he or she remembers. All I am saying is quit trying so hard to be and ass and try just that hard to make this hobby better then what it is. I'll even make you a deal... Ok you ready for this?? If all you "Hardcore's stop being asses to us that know we are mainstreamers and proud Farbs, then I will limit the amount Farbed crap in my camp". I think that is fair and if all you Hardcore agree and all of us mainstreamers agree to that deal together we all can make a difference. Agreed?? {ok now go ahead and make your rude comments- like I have read in so many of these postings on this web site}
OOOHHHHH.. Don't forget your cheese!!!

general_pen
01-05-2007, 03:53 AM
Ohh Frenchie before I go I just want to say one thing,"I am Sorry for you" I am sorry that you have forgotten all the rude snikers and comments that were made behind your back when you were a....how did you say it,... oh yeah.. "A Lard ASS". "Let those that cast the first stone, cast them it into the firey pits of H.E.L.L".
The bigger the person the bigger their heart is. Just because someone is bigger in the britches then you, does not make them any less lover of history then you are. Anyone of you that poke fun of anyone because of their weight, reenactor or not, your mothers ought to slapped you harder for being so rude. Just think of this when you are making your rude comments....God could have made you that way... Now laugh at them, it is not so funny when you have that thought running in your mind, is it?

Spare_Man
01-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Actually, he makes a couple of good points. Everyone has to vent... we all do it in different ways. This sounds more like mid-winter cabin fever brought on by too many posts about dismounted cavalry and overweight reenactors. Just wait 'til spring and get the smell of a campfire in your nostrils and y'all be feeling fine once again. :D

MO Badger
01-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Justin,

Wow, there is some pretty caustic stuff in there. While I'm sure there is no point in trying to discusss this with you in a rational manner, let me add my two cents.

The attitude you display towards people you have never met, making speculations on gear you have never seen , and making assumptions on attitudes you have never heard is way off base.

Why not meet a few 5% folks in person or try an " authentic " event before you paint everything with the same brush. I'm sure you wouldn't want somebody to base their opinion of all mainstreamers on the strength of your post would you?

While I'm sure this has been said ad naseum, the main difference I have seen between the two sides of the hobby is attitude. A great attitude can make up for an inferior kit everytime. Your attitude is poor in any hobby.

Put your money where your mouth is, come to Banks Grand Retreat or Rich Mountain and then you can start throwing out opinions. I'll even take you to an event if you want to go and see the difference for yourself.

But there is nothing wrong with following the advice I give my two year old when I drop him off at daycare: Play nice.

Whatever side of the hobby you choose to be on, just play nice. None of this is worth having a coronary over.

Rick Gath

hanktrent
01-05-2007, 09:57 AM
From skimming it, it sounds like he started insulting farbs, realized how much fun it was, and just couldn't stop. :rolleyes:

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

Trooper Graham
01-05-2007, 10:08 AM
"Hardcore farbs"
Agreed?? {ok now go ahead and make your rude comments- like I have read in so many of these postings on this web site}

When I finish upgrading my twenty-nine farb items I have left you're going to be first on my list to whack!!! :D :D :D

tompritchett
01-05-2007, 10:24 AM
This sounds more like mid-winter cabin fever brought on by too many posts about dismounted cavalry and overweight reenactors.

I tend to agree with you.

Micah Trent
01-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Justin,

No disrespect here, but if you don't want the H/C/P guys to be an "ass" to you, then don't write stuff like you just did. It is good to get stuff off your chest, but the way you just wrote this, you just wrote an open invitiation for the H/C/P crowd to share their views even more. I'd share mine, but it's not worth the arguement.

MStuart
01-05-2007, 10:44 AM

I agree with all but the "too much dismounted cavalry" :-)

Mark

Trooper Graham
01-05-2007, 10:46 AM

I agree with you Tom but I hear tell that age can include some factors too. Senilism, fulstrations dealing with life changes such as menopause, hair thinning, increased power in bifocals, gum desease and teeth loss, inability to control gas in a public place, opinionated and scarcastic....I'm not looking forward to those years. How about you Tom? :D

10th Indiana
01-05-2007, 11:01 AM
From skimming it, it sounds like he started insulting farbs, realized how much fun it was, and just couldn't stop. :rolleyes:

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

Like a 4 year old with a stick, plus a campfire. It's all fun and games untill someone gets hurt, or in this case offended. :confused:

It's not worth it, so I will settle for peace.

hanktrent
01-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Like a 4 year old with a stick, plus a campfire. It's all fun and games untill someone gets hurt, or in this case offended. :confused:.

Since you quoted me, just to be sure, I hope you don't think I was the one offended. I thought it was hilarious!

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

tompritchett
01-05-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree with all but the "too much dismounted cavalry"

I was referring more to the initially b***ching about the dismounts not your listing of historical example of cavalry fighting dismounted. But then I suspected that you already knew that. :)

MStuart
01-05-2007, 11:46 AM
I was referring more to the initially b***ching about the dismounts not your listing of historical example of cavalry fighting dismounted. But then I suspected that you already knew that. :)

I did........I couldn't help but to keep the sore festering!! ;-)

Mark

10th Indiana
01-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Since you quoted me, just to be sure, I hope you don't think I was the one offended. I thought it was hilarious!

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

No Hank. I found myself laughing also, the half that I read. I was speaking about some others who have shown a little discontent and some who are sure to come. Just chuckled at what you had to say, see you (or guarding you I guess) at I-600.

I am comfortable and secure being whatever the heck I am labeled.:p

tompritchett
01-05-2007, 11:53 AM
I agree with you Tom but I hear tell that age can include some factors too. Senilism, fulstrations dealing with life changes such as menopause, hair thinning, increased power in bifocals, gum desease and teeth loss, inability to control gas in a public place, opinionated and scarcastic....I'm not looking forward to those years. How about you Tom? :D

Lets see. I already have the teeth loss. I have gone from better than 20/17 - 20/15 (I could spot a skier coming down the slopes from at least 10 miles) to needing 3.0X reading glasses to read any book - and then only in good light (bi-focals - eeeeeeek!) My left knee likes to tell me about all the abuse it has had in my past. No hair loss - does not run in the family but well on its way from gray to solid white. Definite CRS but no signs of senility. Opinionated - definitely as shown by many posts here. However, that and the sarcasism really comes out in my Introduction to Environmental Science for Non-Science Majors course (the sarcasism directed not at the students but instead at our "environmental President" - remember when he made that claim during his first election campaign along with his pledge to address Global
Warming). Long ago reached the point that the morning after is never worth the excess drinking the night prior.

But then I have you to tell me all that I have to look forward to. :)

Justin Runyon
01-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Wow, Ive never seen someone take up so much space while saying so little.

What Englishmen are we giving money too?
Wow, the onley thing to eat in the 19th century were beans and crackers? I did not know that.

Good times this morning, good times.

tompritchett
01-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Wow, Ive never seen someone take up so much space while saying so little.

The danger of using the linear view and then responding after reading the last post without some type of quote, is that a reader never knows who you are referring to. Right Mark, since in a threaded view his reply is tacked onto your last post. But then again, he could be referring to my post to which you were replying. :twisted:

Trooper Graham
01-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Lets see. I already have the teeth loss. I have gone from better than 20/17 - 20/15 (I could spot a skier coming down the slopes from at least 10 miles) to needing 3.0X reading glasses to read any book - and then only in good light (bi-focals - eeeeeeek!) My left knee likes to tell me about all the abuse it has had in my past. No hair loss - does not run in the family but well on its way from gray to solid white. Definite CRS but no signs of senility. Opinionated - definitely as shown by many posts here. However, that and the sarcasism really comes out in my Introduction to Environmental Science for Non-Science Majors course (the sarcasism directed not at the students but instead at our "environmental President" - remember when he made that claim during his first election campaign along with his pledge to address Global
Warming). Long ago reached the point that the morning after is never worth the excess drinking the night prior.

But then I have you to tell me all that I have to look forward to. :)

Let me know Tom when these inflictions begin happening so I can start creating your uliogy.:p Until then I'll entertain myself with words of wisdom I sometimes read here. ;)

MStuart
01-05-2007, 12:11 PM
The danger of using the linear view and then responding after reading the last post without some type of quote, is that a reader never knows who you are referring to. Right Mark, since in a threaded view his reply is tacked onto your last post. But then again, he could be referring to my post to which you were replying. :twisted:

I say we all get offended and gang up on ol' Justin!!!! :-)

Mark

Trooper Graham
01-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I say we all get offended and gang up on ol' Justin!!!! :-)

Mark
Just what we need more of in our society...gang warfare.:rolleyes: :D :D

can I drive the stolen wagon? Please Please Please!!!!!!!

MtVernon
01-05-2007, 12:17 PM
His spelling and grammer are totally farby.

MStuart
01-05-2007, 12:22 PM
While we're ******** (not that it takes any real effort) did you ever notice that, quite possibly, the majority of posts are done during the 9-5 day WHILE MOST OF YOU SHOULD BE WORKING!!!!!!!!!!???????

I have an excuse.....I work 3-11pm.

Mark

Trooper Graham
01-05-2007, 12:29 PM

Hark!!!! do I hear the footsteps of Sgt Pepper????:D :D

Trooper Graham
01-05-2007, 12:31 PM
While we're b*tching (not that it takes any real effort) did you ever notice that, quite possibly, the majority of posts are done during the 9-5 day WHILE MOST OF YOU SHOULD BE WORKING!!!!!!!!!!???????

I have an excuse.....I work 3-11pm.

Mark

I sleep from 5-9. It's a bitch being retired.:rolleyes:

flattop32355
01-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I am comfortable and secure being whatever the heck I am labeled.:p

Now, THERE's an interesting way to look at things!

Label me whatever you want. I'll still go to the same events I would otherwise, run with the same crowds, enjoy the hobby the same.

It's a nice way to go about things, even with, or maybe because of, our varying perspectives.

flattop32355
01-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Wow, the onley thing to eat in the 19th century were beans and crackers? I did not know that.

Pay no attention to those large herds of cattle trailing behind the army; they are just there for show.

bob 125th nysvi
01-05-2007, 02:28 PM
quite profound in message if a tad too long.

Everybody is Farby the only question is HOW farby?

Arriving in an SUV instead of on foot or behind a steam engine (all of you who were still alive when commercial steam engines were the norm please resume your nap) is in itself Farby.

Eating Hormel chili out of a tin can is farther down the farby road than eating hardtack and salt pork.

And pulling that fresh steak out of the Coleman cooler while belting down a gatorade is about as far down the road as you can get. Short of a polyestor sack coat.

maybe what the guy should have said was ....

Be comfortable with your impression so it suits your needs and be thankful for the guy lined up next to you or across the field even if he isn't as authentic as you like because without him you'd be out in the woods all by yourself.

And as to anybody who might try to stitch count me the first thing I think I'll ask him is what he had for lunch. Because unless it was liquid, it is going to be far too large to come out an anus that tight. So I'll just wish him well with his next movement.

Bob Sandusky
Co C 125th NYSVI
Esperance, NY

general_pen
01-05-2007, 02:28 PM
It only took you all less then 12 hours to post all those comments and like I said no one even seen the truth of what I was saying. You all just prove my point to the extreme. Ruffle a feather and the whole bird would molt.

Oh Mark when your done fixing you farbed stuff, you just let me know and I will be more then happy to give you my address so you can come right over and try to make good on your threat. Unless it was just one of your empty threats that you make just because your at the saftey of your PC. I hope you have kept up with your PT as I have with mine.
Just so you didn't forget your statement, I quote, Mark AKA Trooper Graham:"When I finish upgrading my twenty-nine farb items I have left you're going to be first on my list to whack!!!". and hey your in IL am in IL so its not like you have to drive to far. You just let me know whats up with you and we can dance later. Don't give that you come to me, horse crap either, you made the threat you can come to me. If you did not mean it thats fine as well, just don't make threats unless you are going to keep them. I don't play those games.

Too you all its not cabin fever or too much talk about dismount cav ( I don't know where that came in to play) its the fact that as soon as anyone voices there opinion on anything, you guys all have to attack them like they slapped your mother. With this thread you proved me correct, with all your name bashing and PC protected threats. What on this gods given earth give you all the right to do this. You know they say "Opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they all stink."

I'm sorry, I am clearly wasting my time with this. You all already have some rude comebacks and and you will never understand where I am arguing this from. I am just tried of seeing people come on this and many other web sites to find some help for there impression and get nothing but rude comments about their grammer, their spelling, oh how the can be that stupid not to know what they are asking. I tried to bite my tounge and look the other way, But when you all started in on poking fun of good people because of their wieght that was the final straw. I had enough of seeing it and I figure a good bitch session would get a few to open your eyes and see that your impression is not that 100% perfect either.. But I was clearly worng and I apology for even making an attempt. So go head continue your bashing of good people, and I will go back to assiting people into getting in this hobby so that when I am bald, toothless, and have the uncontrolable farts, I can still go watch a hobby that I love so much, even if it is in a no name town that never even seen a gunshot.

Trooper Graham
01-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Trooper Graham:"When I finish upgrading my twenty-nine farb items I have left you're going to be first on my list to whack!!!". and hey your in IL am in IL so its not like you have to drive to far. You just let me know whats up with you and we can dance later. Don't give that you come to me, horse crap either, you made the threat you can come to me.

So much for my attempt at jokularity...that's it! I'm going back to being a badass. :rolleyes:

Trooper Graham
01-05-2007, 02:53 PM
I understand the problem now. The sewage line out of Chicago follows Interstate 57 straight down to Rantoul. His water supply is contaminated.:p

MStuart
01-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh Mark when your done fixing you farbed stuff, you just let me know and I will be more then happy to give you my address so you can come right over and try to make good on your threat. Unless it was just one of your empty threats that you make just because your at the saftey of your PC. I hope you have kept up with your PT as I have with mine.
Just so you didn't forget your statement, I quote, Mark AKA Trooper Graham:"When I finish upgrading my twenty-nine farb items I have left you're going to be first on my list to whack!!!".

Holy Cow! What the heck was that all about? Where, in the name of William Gamble, did I make a threat? 'Course, to confuse me with Sam Graham can be construed with "fightin' words". ;-)

Mark

Trooper Graham
01-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Holy Cow! What the heck was that all about? Where, in the name of William Gamble, did I make a threat? 'Course, to confuse me with Sam Graham can be construed with "fightin' words". ;-)

Mark

I told you Mark his brain is contaminated. He's blaming us for Chicago ***** in his water supply. :D :D :D

bob 125th nysvi
01-05-2007, 03:17 PM
has your mother ever said to you "You attrack more flies with honey than vinegar"?

Just curious because you seem bent on picking a fight with somebody but I'm not sure whom.

Extremist in anything spend way too much time 'talking to god' so they know what he wants and that they are to go out and preach the rightness of his word. To expect them to be swayed by any reasonable (ahem) argument is folly.

So nothing you can say would disway a "stitch-counter" from the righteousness of his cause.

And nothing the "stitch-counter" can say will disway the 'I'm-sitting-on-my-cooler-drinking-a-beer' reenactor from leaving the cooler home.

So are you saying that the internet bickering that goes on, the name-calling and hair pulling is dissuading people from joining the hobby? If so it is a lament the reasonable among us (who far outnumber both camps) have been saying for years. It isn't going to change because the only right a soldier really has it the right to biatch. I will agree that some of us exercise that right far too often.

Are you saying NONE of us are TRULY 100% authentic in every aspect. Then I think most of us will agree (for those of you who believe you are truly 100% authentic in every detail the line for the trolley to the cracked cookie storage forms on the right).

And if your issue is that some of us have the desire to be an incrediably pompus a$$ all the time. Well this is America they have that right.

Just as the rest of us have the right to ignore him and laugh as we walk away.

And as a last item. I never take seriously people who write from behind a non de plume. If you have an opinion and believe in it be adult enough to put your name to it. That way if we ever do meet around a campfire I will know who you are and what you beleive and we can discuss things as adults.

And guys I'm laying 5 to 1 on General Pen in the brawl, anybody this angry has got to win or die trying. ;)

Bob Sandusky
Co C 125th NYSVI
Esperance, NY

Trooper Graham
01-05-2007, 03:30 PM
And guys I'm laying 5 to 1 on General Pen in the brawl, anybody this angry has got to win or die trying. ;)

Bob Sandusky
Co C 125th NYSVI
Esperance, NY

At those odds I'd lay a twenty down but I'm in the process of upgrading my 29 farby items so I too can become a "increditably pompus a$$" too. :D :D

reddcorp
01-05-2007, 03:34 PM
"Can't we all just get along?"

Rodney King

Peace---Out

bob 125th nysvi
01-05-2007, 03:35 PM
At those odds I'd lay a twenty down but I'm in the process of upgrading my 29 farby items so I too can become a "increditably pompus a$$" too. :D :D

But you can't use your upgraded non-farby carbine.

This is a gentleman's fight, bare knuckles only, Marquis of Queensbury rules. No eye gouging or biting or kicking.

Wait let me check the rules, yeah no kicking.

(Can we really take anybody seriously who goes by the title Marquis of Queensbury? Sounds like an act in the old (non-family friendly) Times Square.)

Come on, who else? I need money to upgrade my stuff to Farby. :)

Bob Sandusky
Co C 125th NYSVI
Esperance, Ny

Trooper Graham
01-05-2007, 03:37 PM
But you can't use your upgraded non-farby carbine.

Bob Sandusky
Co C 125th NYSVI
Esperance, Ny

OH Yah!!! watch me......:D :D :D :D

SmellyFed
01-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Here's a few important axioms for Reenactorlings:

1) Yes, we're all farbs. The last true authentic died in 1956.

2) There are at least two distinctly different hobbies. Live and let live. To each his own hobby.

3) If you begrudge mainstreamers and farbs from doing the hobby their way, they'll show up on your forum, abuse their posting priveledges and run the content into the outhouse.

Those are painful lessons to learn and they are not hypotheticals.

Justin Runyon
01-05-2007, 05:22 PM

Tom et al.

I was referring to the original poster. Sorry about the confusion.

Sgt_Pepper
01-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Hark!!!! do I hear the footsteps of Sgt Pepper????:D :D

Oh, dear, oh, dear... oh, my goodness... Gentlemen, I'm not touching a thing in this thread! Tom and the Provost can (and of course, will) do anything they want, but this whole thing is just too, too devastatingly precious to stop! It's like a riot in a pre-school over Graham crackers, it's so damned silly!

I needed a good, long, laugh today. I just found out I may need major surgery (don't get your hopes up, it isn't life-threatening, and it's only a maybe in any case). So I just logged on as usual and found this, and I'll tell you, there are still tears in my eyes and my belly hurts so... If laughter really is the best medicine, I think I'm cured! :D

Thank you! It's so reassuring to know that Cranky Season is alive, well and in full cry! Carry on! :D

Hilariously Yours,

Frenchie
01-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Ohh Frenchie before I go I just want to say one thing,"I am Sorry for you" I am sorry that you have forgotten all the rude snikers and comments that were made behind your back when you were a....how did you say it,... oh yeah.. "A Lard ASS". "Let those that cast the first stone, cast them it into the firey pits of H.E.L.L".
The bigger the person the bigger their heart is. Just because someone is bigger in the britches then you, does not make them any less lover of history then you are. Anyone of you that poke fun of anyone because of their weight, reenactor or not, your mothers ought to slapped you harder for being so rude. Just think of this when you are making your rude comments....God could have made you that way... Now laugh at them, it is not so funny when you have that thought running in your mind, is it?

My wife made cookies, you want some?

Frenchie
01-05-2007, 07:19 PM
I needed a good, long, laugh today. I just found out I may need major surgery (don't get your hopes up, it isn't life-threatening, and it's only a maybe in any case).

Sergeant, in all seriousness, I hope things work out and you get well soon!

Thank you! It's so reassuring to know that Cranky Season is alive, well and in full cry! Carry on! :D

:D Ain't it great?!?

John1862
01-05-2007, 07:42 PM
then you all that go broke to give the brits your hard earned cash instead of your fellow American brother can have your say.
lol, what are you talking about?

Before I go any farther with this how many out there are above the height 5 Ft 6 In and weigh over 115 lbs
Did you check the individual weight of a certain "control" group of soldiers then average it to get that number? Or were you researching and then came upon that figure? Maybe neither?

I wouldn't label you as a flame baiter, as your posts are too long.

Mothers-Finest
01-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I really dont understand. This is a hobby for everyone. If you want to go march 13 miles in the rain, sleep on a wet ground with a wet blanket, that is your choice and I respect it. I like doing this style. Its relaxing to me. If you want to bring everything in your camp even though its not Accurate as long as its out of the way were spectators cant see it, it doesnt bother me. I don't beleive I am a hardcore, but I attend both events and go campaign every time. I do admitt though that when they have those freid bread that I just cant resist. As long as your out there for the right reasons and have a good time doing it then do what ever style you like or believe in.

MStuart
01-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh, dear, oh, dear... oh, my goodness... Gentlemen, I'm not touching a thing in this thread! Tom and the Provost can (and of course, will) do anything they want, but this whole thing is just too, too devastatingly precious to stop! It's like a riot in a pre-school over Graham crackers, it's so damned silly!

If I'da known that, I would have left my underwear story up longer.....sigh

Mark

southern_belle1861
01-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I respect farbs. I think MOST of them are trying the best they can. (I'm naive, I know)

If you want to bring everything in your camp even though its not Accurate as long as its out of the way were spectators cant see it, it doesnt bother me.

I went to a Mainstream reenactment one time as a spectator (though it almost killed me that I didn't get to dress up). We went up to the "civilian" part of the camp, and were talking to the reenactors. It had been pretty cold the night before so we started talking about that. Then one lady piped up "Oh we didn't get too cold. We had a heater!" Then proceeded to show us the electric heater hidden behind the tent flap with the cord trailing off into the woods where a generator was keenly hidden under a green plastic tarp to top the whole thing off....:rolleyes:

huntdaw
01-05-2007, 08:22 PM
inability to control gas in a public place

I'm quite able to control it - I just choose not to.

reb64
01-05-2007, 10:25 PM
[quote=HighPrvt]Post deleted. [quote]

Hey can you show us some pictures to see if you have a clue?

tompritchett
01-06-2007, 12:32 AM
I was referring to the original poster. Sorry about the confusion.

Again I figured as much but it did let me have some humor as well as make a point to everyone about giving some indication which message you are actually responding to either via a quote or hitting the quick reply for that specific message.

tompritchett
01-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Tom and the Provost can (and of course, will) do anything they want,

Actually only you and the Provost can do anything here. I only have moderator authority in the Military Conferences.

MtVernon
01-06-2007, 12:44 AM

Oh man. I meant 'grammar'. How embarrassing. I wish I could find an edit feature. Anyway, carry on!

Trooper Graham
01-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Oh man. I meant 'grammar'. How embarrassing. I wish I could find an edit feature. Anyway, carry on!

Not to worry...the thread put Sgt Pepper in a more humourous mode of tolerance to minor infractions of proper forum etiquette.
BTW what did you think about the thread about ****** knickers?:D :D :D