PDA

View Full Version : Forum Policies

Provost
01-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Please note the following from our index page:

New gear for sale, not used equipment. Used goes in the classified ads.

This forum is for the advertisement of goods for sale. Nothing else.

If you have a comment to make about good service or products from a sutler, this is not the forum for those discussions. Your cooperation makes for a listing where people can find goods easily, thank you.

Secondly, please note that any negative evaluations of a specific sutler (goods, services, or other matters) will be removed on sight . The old dictum, "If you don't have something good to say, then don't say anything" applies here. There are good reasons for this, aimed solely at the preservation of these forums.

Have a problem with a sutler and you want advice on how to deal with it? Ask your question in a general manner, devoid of names or other identifying information. Sutler Row, however, is not the proper category for those inquiries, see the "How To" forum for your best audience.

Your cooperation in keeping the forums open and usable for all members and onlookers is most appreciated. As always, if you have questions, I am only an email away.

Respectfully,

Provost

tompritchett
07-08-2008, 04:01 PM
For the record, I was informed by the Provost over the 4rth of July that I had gotten too lenient in allowing posts that stated grievances by one vendor or seller against another. Effective immediately, if you have a grievance against a vendor or with another reenactor involving a transaction in the Classified Ads, all that I can allow is a message that states that you have tried to contact the individual and have not had any success. This change was the result of an Alert that had been posted to another totally different thread and the Provost's response to me was in reply to my explanation to the individual that sent the Alert.

reb64
05-18-2010, 12:28 PM
The nuckolls canteen thread was full of comments against a sutler

Please note the following from our index page:

New gear for sale, not used equipment. Used goes in the classified ads.

This forum is for the advertisement of goods for sale. Nothing else.

If you have a comment to make about good service or products from a sutler, this is not the forum for those discussions. Your cooperation makes for a listing where people can find goods easily, thank you.

Secondly, please note that any negative evaluations of a specific sutler (goods, services, or other matters) will be removed on sight . The old dictum, "If you don't have something good to say, then don't say anything" applies here. There are good reasons for this, aimed solely at the preservation of these forums.

Have a problem with a sutler and you want advice on how to deal with it? Ask your question in a general manner, devoid of names or other identifying information. Sutler Row, however, is not the proper category for those inquiries, see the "How To" forum for your best audience.

Your cooperation in keeping the forums open and usable for all members and onlookers is most appreciated. As always, if you have questions, I am only an email away.

Respectfully,

Provost

Spinster
05-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Rob

Did YOU hit the alert button?

We can't read everything. Don't even try to do so. Y'all are grownups. In the last four days I've been to an event, helped run a mule wagon, caught my neighbors cows and now I'm on an all day trip to pick up a 19 th century loom with my 84 year old Daddy on two canes with me.

Alert buttons are there for a reason. Use em. It's that little triangle shaped thingy in the upper right of each post.

Ross L. Lamoreaux
05-18-2010, 01:03 PM
For whatever reason, Mr. Hayhurst's sensitivities have been struck at, despite the overwhelming amount of people who have spoken out in support for the comments made. NO SUTLER WAS CRITICIZED. In fact, I'm working earnestly toward getting said sutler on here so that he may speak on his own behalf, but he's not even mad at me. Mr. Hayhurst's interpretation of the rules seems to differ from most normal patrons on here, as constructive commments toward the betterment of a product or service isn't a negative, it is a positive. It becomes a negative when a vendor is attacked personally, which was most assuradly not the case here. I recall distinctly promoting his character and other products, and even said the product in question was a good buy for the money. Instead of being part of the solution, the betterment of the hobby through honest discourse on this forum, Mr. Hayhurst chooses to attack the messengers of honest discussion and continues to whine ad nauseum. You are free to be part of this forum Mr. Hayhurst, but also remember that there are several others who tire of the status quo within this hobby and actually strive for more authenticity and education. You don't get education by stifling good positive discussion.

reb64
05-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Forum rules clearly state this is not the place for discussing said items for sale.

For whatever reason, Mr. Hayhurst's sensitivities have been struck at, despite the overwhelming amount of people who have spoken out in support for the comments made. NO SUTLER WAS CRITICIZED. In fact, I'm working earnestly toward getting said sutler on here so that he may speak on his own behalf, but he's not even mad at me. Mr. Hayhurst's interpretation of the rules seems to differ from most normal patrons on here, as constructive commments toward the betterment of a product or service isn't a negative, it is a positive. It becomes a negative when a vendor is attacked personally, which was most assuradly not the case here. I recall distinctly promoting his character and other products, and even said the product in question was a good buy for the money. Instead of being part of the solution, the betterment of the hobby through honest discourse on this forum, Mr. Hayhurst chooses to attack the messengers of honest discussion and continues to whine ad nauseum. You are free to be part of this forum Mr. Hayhurst, but also remember that there are several others who tire of the status quo within this hobby and actually strive for more authenticity and education. You don't get education by stifling good positive discussion.