PDA

View Full Version : Jim Stamatelos

NJ Sekela
03-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Friends:

I spoke at length with Jim's brother, Tony, who gave me the latest update on his health. Several years back, he had suffered a stroke, and had sold the large part of his collection to pay for his treatment. Just as his health seemed to improve, he suffered another major setback, putting him back into the hospital. It has been many years since he has been in the collecting field, and being in the hospital, he feels very cut off from the world.

As many know, the lion's share of the Union volume of Echoes of Glory came from Jim's collection. He was always willing to share information, as well as his collection. He has made a major contribution to both the living history and collecting fields, and the hobby owes a great deal to this man.

His brother made a very simple request, that if people could send him cards or even hand written notes to let him know that people are still thinking of him, it would do a lot to lift his spirits at this point in time.

His address is:

Jim Stamatelos
Post Office Box 390005
Cambridge MA 02139-0001

I would be grateful if someone would be kind enough to post this on other forums.

Sincerely,

Nick Sekela

JerseySkilletLicker
03-12-2006, 12:42 PM
I posted the notice over on the AC.
I have been a silent witness to the magic that Mr. Sekela uses to produce amazing goods and have been fortunate enough to see him at work, side by side, with items lent to him by Jim. We all owe this man a debt of gratitude for his generoisity in sharing his collection as well as his love for history.