PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for the many alerts!

Provost
12-28-2006, 06:18 PM
I recently took a few days off and let my "elves" keep an eye on the forums. Logging back in today I found around 60 alerts in my email box, AFTER all the spam was cleared away. Most were concerning ads of a non-CW nature that hit the forum. There are too many alerts to respond to individually, but I wanted to express my appreciation for those who took the time to help us police the forums, remove the offending posts (and poster) and keep this place focused.

We have lasted as long as we have in large part because you all have determined to cooperate with us in creating a unique community online. Thank you for your participation and involvement. May you have a happy and productive New Year in 2007.

Provost

tompritchett
12-28-2006, 06:35 PM
let my "elves" keep an eye on the forums

I know that you were referring to "elves" as in the holiday tradition with Santa and his elves, but on at least two other forums, I have been described as looking like one because of my profile photo. :)

MStuart
12-28-2006, 07:26 PM
I know that you were referring to "elves" as in the holiday tradition with Santa and his elves, but on at least two other forums, I have been described as looking like one because of my profile photo. :)

I was thinking more along the lines of an Amishman, but what do I know? :-)

Mark

JBW
12-28-2006, 10:42 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of an Amishman, but what do I know? :-)

Mark
An Amish Elf perhaps? ;)

GrumpyDave
12-29-2006, 12:15 AM
"A few days" Santa must make a real mess. I hope you weren't cleaning up after the reindeer.
:rolleyes:

cavgirl
12-31-2006, 11:54 PM
Yeeeaaahhh, I think an "Amish Farmer" would fit the description the best Tom. Just got back on line from having major surgery. Glad to be among the "living" at this point. Hope you all have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. **** Clark is still on and still talking, albeit, slurringly, but a diehard nonetheless. 4 mins to 2007!

Provost
01-01-2007, 03:44 PM
I assure you that the reference was Clausian in nature, my friend. :)

Thank you for your many hours of service here. That you serve this hobby and give so much, asking for no reward, is a testimony to a great heart.

Provost

Provost
01-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Oh, the reindeer are housebroken and the elves wonderful helpful.

It's the "problem children" who leave nasty surprises out for Santa who get coal in their stocking.

tompritchett
01-02-2007, 12:47 AM
I assure you that the reference was Clausian in nature, my friend.

I am sure it was but I could not help myself after being described as a flipping elf on the OTB because of my beard. :D As for the Amish farmer description, each semester at the start of my classes I also assure my classes that I am not Amish to save me the trouble of having to answer repeated questions later in the semester.

SmellyFed
01-05-2007, 06:11 PM
If you have any more trouble with spam bots registering and posting advertising, shoot me an email. I did some research on that for the AC and came up with some good solutions to the problem.

I'd be willing to share IP's and domain names of offending spammers.

SmellyFed
01-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Provost -
Your yahoo email rejected my reply. I'll post it here and feel free to delete after you've got it:

In your vbulletin Admin menu, go to vbulletin options and then User Banning Options:

Under Banned email addresses enter:
@allwebdrugs.info
@bestboyfilms.org
@bumpymail.com
@cashette.com
@centermail.com
@centermail.net
@christfirst.net
@discardmail.com
@dodgeit.com
@e4ward.com
@emailias.com
@fakeinformation.com
@ freeideasearch.info
@fromru.com
@front14.org
@gaweb.com
@ghosttexter.de
@iscw.org
@jetable.net
@kasmail.com
@link2mail.net
@ lopigax.com
@mail.ru
@mailexpire.com
@mailinator.com
@mailmoat.com
@messagebeamer.de
@mytrashmail.com
@nervmich.net
@netmails.net
@ netzidiot.de
@nurfuerspam.de
@onlymail2007.com
@pookmail.com
@privacy.net
@punkass.com
@putoncondoms.com
@sneakemail.com
@sofort-mail.de
@sogetthis.com
@spam.la
@spambob.com
@spambob.net
@ spambob.org
@spamex.com
@spamgourmet.com
@spamhole.com
@spaminator.de
@spammotel.com
@spamtrail.com
@trash-mail.de
@trashmail.net
@ ukr.net
@web.de
@wuzup.net
zone-freestuff.com
morgantradinglimited

SAVE!

There are probably a lot more but that's a start.