PDA

View Full Version : New item!

NJ Sekela
03-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Friends:

It is with utmost pleasure and excitement that I announce I new item that I am offering, which is just in time for the early war events coming up. It is taken from the correspondence of a Federal soldier, who noted that his sweetheart had sent him a pair of socks, early in the war, with the Confederate Flag knit into the sole. This was of course a highly symbolic gesture as well as for morale, in that every step that he took on the way to Richmond, he was stepping on the Confederate flag.

They serve as an excellent interperative tool, whether it is for the public or school education, as it shows the fervor of patriotism was at the time. In addition, it shows how strong a symbol that the flag was to the everyday person.
http://www.njsekela.com/szabo/confedsock1.jpg

These socks will be available through Skilletlicker (http://www.skilletlicker.com) , EJ Thomas (http://www.ejtsutler.com) and Carter and Jasper.
(http://www.carterandjasper.com)
I am,

NJ Sekela,
Manf'r.
N.Jers'y.

http://www.unionarmyjeans.com

reb64
03-12-2006, 03:44 AM
Why make a sock that has only one purpose, which is to disrepect the flag and soldiers who fought for it. I wish I could buy them all up. Its no different than making a pair with the US flag on the bottom. Its akin to letting it touch the ground on purpose. As a SCV member and former Co. I ask for you to please discontinue this product, Rob Hayhurst

madisontigers
03-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Mr. Rayhurst,
I too am a proud descendent of numerous Confederate soldiers. I am not offended too much by the item Mr. Sekala is offering. It is, by nature, disrespectful to put a flag on the bottom of a pair of socks. However, I am also an avid living historian, and as long as it is period correct, I say go for it. If these socks did in fact exist, and were worn by jubilant Northern soldiers, then I say sell em'. If they are not historically documented, then I do say please reconsider producing these socks. My sentiments are not in disrespecting the flag that my ancestors fought under, but my sentiments also lead me to believe that I do them a greater injustice by not portraying them and their foes as accurately as possible. Again, if the socks are correct, go for it, if not, I'd seriously consider staying away from any SCV camps.
Thanks,
David Long
Asheville, NC

NJ Sekela
03-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Wow! I guess that I am a little naive. I never saw this in the context of the modern PC outside world, and would more have expected this from outsiders. I have always seen reenactors as nuetral interpreters who let history and documentation lead the way. I always thought that the role was to heighten the awareness and knowledge by recreating the period. This item actually brings depth to the impression, and understanding of the war. As we all know, many in the south at the time were wearing session badges.

At no point am I interested in making a modern political statement through my products. I guess that this comes with the territory of bringing new things into the marketplace. I thought it was a much better item, than just yet another Columbus Depot jacket.

NJS

JerseySkilletLicker
03-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Mr. Rayhurst,
Mr. Sekela has never "made up" anything for sale. Everything he has ever done is documented. These socks existed. I will stock them when available, not because I hate the south or have disrespect for anyone, but because they are one more "piece of the puzzle" for interpretation of this period of history. I will gladly accept all major credit cards as well as checks and money orders for all the socks you wish to buy.

MStuart
03-12-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm with David......I think we're letting 21st century PC get in the way of historical accuracy. The socks should be no more offensive to a "southern" troop as wearing a U.S. belt buckle upside down was to a northern soldier. If we all practiced 21st century love and political correctness in our impressions, we wouldn't have much to reenact, would we?

Should we reenact "the way it was" or the way we'd have liked it to be.
Southerners were seen as "rebels", something to be squashed and rubbed out for the good of the Union. Hence, I suppose, those socks.

My only gripe is they didn't have "tube" socks back then. I hate those "crew" length one's. They make ya look like a geek!!

Mark

"Southern" reenactor

Frenchie_2006
03-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Follow politically correct dogma far enough and the entire hobby will disappear. Presentism is a threat to all serious study of the period. I'm going to order a pair for display and discussion.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to light up another smoke and decide where to go for a nice, thick, juicy steak tonight. :P

MStuart
03-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Hail Brother!! Another smoker!!

At the risk of making this thread totally inappropriate, do you get your smoke's locally, or off the internet like I do? It's cheaper that way, almost like they're paying you to smoke!!

Mark

Frenchie_2006
03-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Send me your favorite link, Mark. TIA,

JW&CO
03-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Bottom line here is that the item existed. If you doubt this, I am sure Mr. Sekela will be more than willing to show you documentation. How can you call yourself a living historian if you are not willing to live history. We are portraying a time of great conflict and strong feelings. People truely hated the South during this time. While we should show respect to our ancestors and their memory we would be doing them an injustice by not portraying the time period as it was. If it wasn't for innovations in research, such as this, we would be flooded in a world solely of JT Martin and SA products. The array of products is what makes our ancestors memory stand out. These were not just a group of guys in blue, but individual people with individual thoughts and feelings. With this comes individual ways of self expression.

madisontigers
03-12-2006, 05:32 PM
My suggestion would be to try and dig up some patriotic emblems used by Confederates! Just like we hated the Yankee invaders, the Yankee invaders in some cases hated us for our supposed "treason." It goes both ways, war is war, and hate is a part of any war. I say put persoanl feelings aside, and reenact as accurately as possible. We are now a nation together, and we depend on our Northern brothers to help us come together and correctly teach and interperet the history.
Thanks,
David Long

reb64
03-12-2006, 06:24 PM
A sock is worn inside a shoe. If the socks are to be displayed I have no problem. If they are too be worn inside a shoe where no one sees them, then it is being done in disrespect, not for the representation. Do you expect some Union soldier is going to take off his brogans and stick a dirty sock in his pards face and say "hey look a t these! I tell you what, go ahead and sell them, I'm not pc, but fair is fair. from now on every captured yank I see is getting debooted and sock inspected, and his kit. if socks are found then confiscated they are and harsh retribution dealt out. All in good "period correct" fun though.

Frenchie_2006
03-12-2006, 06:54 PM
You are trying to defend the history of your ancestor's flag. That is laudable and to be applauded. Of course you should do that.

Here's something you probably haven't thought of: The Stars and Stripes has a longer history, and not all of that history is glorious. Our National Colors flew over a nation where slavery was legal for many years. It has flown over massacres, shameful routs, inglorious defeats, contemptible cowardice, treason, you name it -- and serious people acknowledge all of it. Those who won't are not serious historians.

Go search for pics of US flags being burned, torn to pieces, sewn onto the bottoms of trousers, being flown upside down in front yards, etc., etc., etc. They are offensive to me, and I hope, to you as well.

But I for one will not agree to a banning of those images or the actions they record, because that would violate the principles our flag stands for.

And that is my last comment on this, because I am finally learning that some people will resist uncomfortable ideas to their last breath and it is pointless to waste one's own talking to them.

NJ Sekela
03-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Reb64, I have to say, you crack me up. We need to set you up with one of those Model A Ford Owww OOOOOOO GAA car horns.

I am also working on a blue and white cotton Confederate sock, with white heels and toes. Unfortunately, I have never found any equivalent Confederate propaganda apparel, but if anyone finds something, please pass it along.

Ya gotta love this hobby.

NJS

madisontigers
03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Nick,
When will you have those CS socks available? I dont know about Reb 64. I will give him credit for standing up for his belief, against several posters. Like I said though, history is history, lets do it the way the boys of 61-65 did.

NJ Sekela
03-12-2006, 07:55 PM
David:

We will make an announcement as time draws near. The flag socks were actually hard to do, so, the blue ones shouldn't be that bad.

I guess you are right about Reb64.
NJS

Forquer
03-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Just on the outside chance that you're actually serious about your proposal, let me toss out a couple of points..........

1) You seek to fulfill your proposed activity and physically manhandle a fellow reenactor as part of a scenario without arranging it beforehand (ala choreographed hand to hand, taking of the other side's colors, etc.). The former is called assault, particularly since you have published your intent in this forum, and the latter is called battery. Both are punishable by law in most states and, regardless of the intention, you could find yourself on the wrong end of a lawsuit.

2) See above, only in place of lawsuit, you wind up in a fracas with someone who doesn't want to be manhandled, and is quite capable of defending himself, thus causing you bodily harm.

Hope that in both cases it was worth it.

Didn't Sutler Row posts used to be for initial postings of goods only, with no possibility of response?

MStuart
03-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Used to be......before "the crash"

Mark

reb64
03-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Taking off the boots of pows is an assault? Well if that's the case, then maybe a staged event just for fun. we'll get some galvanized friendly's to give up their boots and expose the socks and their owners. This could lead to reprisals. This could be fun.

madisontigers
03-13-2006, 12:13 AM
Greg,
I dont think Reb 64 was being totally serious. I believe he was only trying to add a bit of humor t this post, as it has gotten a bit negative. Lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits. I'm sick of hearing about lawsuits. Communicating threat charges are very difficult. I know this, as I am a law enforcement officer myself. In order to nail someone for communicating threats you have to directly threaten someone. Even if what he said was serious, it would be written off by any magistrate as a "conditional threat." I seriously doubt Reb plans on checking dozens of stinky feet. I think it is best we all end this thread before things get more out of hand. The socks are going to be sold, if you want them then buy them, if not, then dont.

MStuart
03-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Good Lord, people!!!!! It's a pair of freakin' socks for Chissakes!!

They were meant to be disrespectful......in a war 145 years ago.

Change from my earlier 2 cents

Mark

madisontigers
03-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Greg,
But you do have some good points, and you are right . Better to keep your hands off of people unless you have their permission.

JerseySkilletLicker
03-13-2006, 12:39 AM
Quite frankly, I am glad that there is discussion on this sutler board. Beforehand it was a rarely utlized freature as the view count for the most part was meager. With some lively discussion this area can now host more sutlers plying their wares and all of you can benefit from more information being passed on.
Ol' Reb64, I believe, was having some fun. If the socks can be used in a staged scenario then thats great. The point is, they were made and are being made once again as a quality interprative tool, just like a quality coat or cap.

Fatback and Beans
03-13-2006, 04:06 AM
<sigh>

Really, come on now. I can see that some people might take offense, but so what? Like they don't think the Confederates did (and some people still do) the same with all the bad mouthing of Lincoln, the political cartoons, all the alternate names for the war, the venom spitting way they say "Yankee," and how about the following 2nd half of the 3rd verse lyric of the song An Old Unreconstructed;

"At a little creek called Bull Run
We took their starry rag
To wipe our horses down with
And I ain't here to brag"

So, I guess THAT'S not disrespectful? Nor is anything else that is said about Lincoln, the North, Yankees, etc., I suppose? Come on, it's a double edged sword. There were strong feelings then, on both sides. I'd like to think that as educated modern individuals we have gotten beyond the divisiveness of the past, moved on, and can discuss and portray history as it was, without value judgments of either side. It was what it was, no need to justify or decry what they did, just portray it in a truthful light and let folks decide for themselves.

So, in other words, I don't really see a problem with the socks at all. I like them, and will have to order a pair.

Thank you, Nick, for continuing to offer some of the finest quality, highly researched products for our endeavors to learn, teach, and honor the past, plus have fun while doing it.

Joseph Hodges

Cpt Boone
03-13-2006, 11:42 AM
We should not judge the past on today's values. If you go by your thought process, we should all be wearing Army ACU's because wool is hot and scratchy. If it is documented then well and good. Mr. Sekela puts alot of thought and research in the items he produces. Now what would your opinion be of a Confederate Flag shirt? Does that offend you! Guess what, someone in the Confederacy had it because a swatch remains at the Old Capitol Museum in Vicksburg & I believe there is a shirt that does exist. Either live today or reenact yesterday, but don't mix the two. It spells disaster.

reb64
03-13-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm a former SCV commander for Pete's sake, the flag doesn't offend me. I have sworn to represent it and to defend it. I started off with how stepping on a flag, (no matter whose flag) is disrespectful. Afterall, the flag is not sewn on the side like a Nike swoosh right? It's on the sole wher eit will get dirty, grimy and worn. If you don't think thats worth defending, reenactor or not, then I'll shut up. Twenty two years of saluting and raising the US flag and ripping privates to shreds for so much as brushing the ground can make one a walking flag etiquette manual. I didn't win that debate so I have resigned my position and instead will have fun with it, i.e, have mock shakedowns for such items on willing pows.

madisontigers
03-14-2006, 07:49 AM
I dont think you lost the deabte. You stood your ground against several people, and I admire you for that. If anyhting else, you won by standing your ground.

Sergeantskippy
03-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Hey Nick,
As long as I have been in this hobby ... I begin to think that it is not even a "PC" issue for said Reb!! Over the many years I have been doing this, I have seen more than a few, BOTH Reb & Yank, that are indeed still fighting the war, despite the fact that it's been over for 140+ years!! It is in this context that they see something such as your socks, & take offense, & then overreact ... even to the point of asking you to take them off the market!!! I have heard too may times invectives hurled at the "enemy", both on the field, & around the camp fires, & from the tone, it was easy to tell that it was not just a "magic moment", but truly FIRST PERSON!! In all such instances, I have backed as far away from said talk, until it was otherwise determined that it was only "staying in character"!!
Anyhow, keep up the good work, & PLEASE DO keep producing products of superb quality, such as said socks!! Remember, there's always going to be at least one out there that will find fault in hat you produce ... no matter how high the quality!!!
"NOLI IPSE ANGERE!!"
Tim Fredrikson ... aka, SKIPPY

MDRebCAv
04-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Hey, even as a Confederate reenactor I might buy a pair...since they existed and sometimes soldiers are known in desperation to "borrow" things from those poor souls who no longer have need of an otherwise needed item.

Might make a good display at a living history, even from the Confederate side.

Remise
04-04-2006, 11:41 AM
I don't know about you, but personally, I would think that pointing a musket at somebody else's flag, or a person dressed in a uniform of forces that once carried this flag, would be mighty disrespectful, too. Maybe we should elevate our weapons, whenever we see a Rebel flag to our front.

Gee whiz!

B.C. Milligan
Company K, First Penna. Reserves

The Dandy
04-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Greetings All,

Frankly I donít see any debate nor argument here, those who donít like the excellent socks are in the minority here. In the persona I portray that person would have owned such sock. Personally I like them maybe itís due to my northern orientations maybe itís due to I need some new socks.

Secondly, there are much bigger things to worry about in this hobby how about all the Artillery carrying a dam pistol? Iíd like to refer back to the song Mr. Hodges brought to light. Iím dammed upset over that, Iím all **** fired about that actually but will I say ďno no no you canít sing that songĒ I will not.

Joe Iíll take two pairs.

JerseySkilletLicker
05-03-2006, 03:16 PM
They will be in stock this week!!!
Reb64 - I am holding a gross for you and expect a check post haste!

Also available this week, LJ&I Phillips forage caps with ventilators...keep cool this summer!

Full details on the site - check out the "News" section

reb64
05-04-2006, 10:25 PM
I hope they wear out quickly and cause a thousand foot problems for any and all who would dare tread on the Confederate flag!

JerseySkilletLicker
05-04-2006, 11:16 PM
I knew you would back out of the deal.

swsoutherland
05-29-2006, 11:48 AM
I read these four pages of posts and was amazed that people would go to such lengths over socks. Then I thought of another important point so I guess I am one of those people.

I noticed in the first post that the documentation for these socks was a letter saying that a federal soldier's sweetheart made him a pair of these socks. Is there any confirmation that she made any more than the single pair? Did the soldier order a gross for all his pards? It is doubtful. The big question is, to be authentic, should one be mass producing these socks if in reality there was only one pair made for a particular soldier?

VaTrooper
05-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Do you have any idea how much stuff that is being reproduced you could say that about?

swsoutherland
05-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Do you have any idea how much stuff that is being reproduced you could say that about?

Like what kind of stuff?

TimKindred
05-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Comrades,

Oh, I dunno... maybe things like coon bones and Irish harps and masonic emblems. There's been more irish harps produced and sold through sutlers than any real ones. The CS sword belt flag with the wreath and the CS flag in the middle. There were only 2 real ones made, yet I've seen hundreds in the field. Stuart sword hangars are another thing. JEB Stuart had the only one during the CW, yet how many cav do you see wearing them today? LOTS...

BTW: The "Irish Harp" with the pin backs that you see folks wearing was actually designed to be applied to a rectangular breastplate for a pre-war militia company. Since there were only 3 "Irish" prewar militia companies in the whole nation, that alone severely limits the number that were actually made and worn. Yet.. there are thousands of the d*mned things out there.

Masonic pins. You ever see period images of guys in the ranks wearing these? I've seen ONE in 32 years of collecting and studying, and it was a small metal pin attached to a vest lapel. I have NEVER seen one worn on a coat or hat and I would not expect one to be, since it wasn't part of the uniform. The only period instance of masonic insignia being worn visibly is either a ring, or the specific case of General Barksdale, whose body was identified by the masonic studs worn in his dress shirt. As a Mason, I am proud of my fraternity, but really p*ssed when I see fellows wearing those pins in the field, or upon their uniform.

As to mr Reb64... how about you take your little tirade down to the local southern biker bar and see where that gets you. How about venting on those folks wearing "Dixie" thongs and mudflaps and do-rags. Ever get tired of all the "Dixie" car horns? How about all those battle flags with Hank Jr's face on 'em, or cherokees or Jack Daniel's logos, etc. If you want something to really fry your spit, head on over to Dixie Outfitters and check out all the ways they have of marketing that precious flag of yours. I'm not offended by those period socks like you are, even though my own ancestors marched with Lee. FWIW: I won't even mention the CS flag bathroom tissue I've seen for sale..... at events.....

Respects,

13thKyCavCSA
05-29-2006, 08:51 PM
As to mr Reb64... how about you take your little tirade down to the local southern biker bar and see where that gets you. How about venting on those folks wearing "Dixie" thongs and mudflaps and do-rags. Ever get tired of all the "Dixie" car horns? How about all those battle flags with Hank Jr's face on 'em, or cherokees or Jack Daniel's logos, etc. If you want something to really fry your spit, head on over to Dixie Outfitters and check out all the ways they have of marketing that precious flag of yours. I'm not offended by those period socks like you are, even though my own ancestors marched with Lee. FWIW: I won't even mention the CS flag bathroom tissue I've seen for sale..... at events.....

Respects,

Well said Tim.

MAHONE !!!

JerseySkilletLicker
05-29-2006, 11:18 PM
I read these four pages of posts and was amazed that people would go to such lengths over socks. Then I thought of another important point so I guess I am one of those people.

I noticed in the first post that the documentation for these socks was a letter saying that a federal soldier's sweetheart made him a pair of these socks. Is there any confirmation that she made any more than the single pair? Did the soldier order a gross for all his pards? It is doubtful. The big question is, to be authentic, should one be mass producing these socks if in reality there was only one pair made for a particular soldier?

Hardly "mass producing" here. Id say there are about 25,000 reenactors in the US, there are a grand total of about 150 pair available. The documentation provided is but one instance, soldiers aid society's provided these socks as well.
Check out the bootees you are wearing, thick sole and modern heel? There is one well known maker producing an overcoat worn by one soldier and he has sold untold amounts. Think about it.

NJ Sekela
05-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Mr. Hofmann makes a good point.

My personal favorite is the so called "mystery jacket". I always liked to mix a little Agatha Christie in with my history.

Never a dull moment in this hobby.

I am,

NJS

swsoutherland
06-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Hardly "mass producing" here. Id say there are about 25,000 reenactors in the US, there are a grand total of about 150 pair available. The documentation provided is but one instance, soldiers aid society's provided these socks as well.
Check out the bootees you are wearing, thick sole and modern heel? There is one well known maker producing an overcoat worn by one soldier and he has sold untold amounts. Think about it.

Ah, I see. I'll agree that 150 of 25,000 is not mass producing too much. Still it is more than just the single pair, but if soldier aid societies produced them too then yes, there were multiple pairs available. As for me, I wear modern day socks. I'm not a hard core, progressive anything and the day someone wants to inspect my underwear at an event is the day I tell them where to stick their bayonet.

These guys who are making profit on harps, masonic badges, and overcoats are doing so because these items sell. (Like bamboo flutes and rubber band guns) If we don't buy them, they won't sell them. Then again, most of us are at the mercy of those that produce and market wares. Most of us cannot make our kit ourselves and must rely on what is available at a reasonable price. Sigh.

NJ Sekela
06-01-2006, 08:23 PM
There are many ways to look at this hobby. A very good friend of mine is a professional actor, and he once said that there are two basic approaches to acting. One is to recreate the surroundings and draw upon past experience to get a certain emotion or feeling. The second is to put yourself into a scene as if you are experiencing this for the first time. Both have their merit, but the first tends to have a deleterious effect upon the actor, as he is forced to relive negative situations in order to recall the particular feeling. The second always brings fresh emotion and experience to the situation.

In a very similiar vein, I have a hard time understanding what direction this new fad in the hobby of "under represented" and "over represented" is going. Assuming that there is a destination, what happens then? When (and IF) you can achieve the actual proportions of what was worn, is that going to create the exact atmosphere that you want?

To suffer through all the details, there can be no other objective but to try to experience 19th century military life. To approach this hobby with a "over-represented" approach is a purely 21st century mindset.

These items are powerful, because they convey the patriotism of the early war period. They show just how important national symbols such as flags were. By wearing them, you have a chance to experience that emotion of being in an army to put down a rebellion.

Again, there are those who stand around, or strut in their "RDII/mach3 made by so and so". The funny thing is, that given time, they run out of track. All that it ever is, is about collection cool clothes.

I have had the good fortune of meeting people who have had different perspectives on this hobby. We all pick what we like best, and everyone is convinced that theirs is the right way. I speak for myself, when I say that I use this hobby as a vehicle to understand life in mid 19th century america. The first step on that road is an open mind.

I am, &c,

NJ Sekela,
Manf'r.
N.Jers'y.

http://www.skilletlicker.com
http://www.ejtsutler.com
http://www.carterandjasper.com

JBW
06-01-2006, 10:20 PM
........The first step on that road is an open mind.

There seems to be a shortage of these from time to time. Perhaps reproducing these in the near future would be a good idea?

Just kidding folks, put away the tar and feathers. ;)

MStuart
06-02-2006, 12:04 AM
There seems to be a shortage of these from time to time. Perhaps reproducing these in the near future would be a good idea?

Just kidding folks, put away the tar and feathers. ;)

Speaking of open minds, it could also be said that some folks are so narrow-minded that their note pads are only an inch wide.

Mark Just thinkin out loud

Doug Cooper
06-03-2006, 02:54 AM
There are a number of original patterns produced by the US Sanitary Commission for "message socks." These were patriotic slogans knitted into a pair of socks for use by soldiers. One such 1864 example made for me by Karin Timour, who probably knows more about period socks, issue and homespun, than anyone alive, says:

Left foot: "Keep these toes"

Right foot: "Pointed toward the Rebels"

In otherwords, keep advancing, never retreating.

I don't wear them in gray, obviously.

Since only a very tiny pct of socks survived the conflict, one is left with patterns, letters, advertisements etc to try to fill in some of the info. Fortunately, we have folks like Karin Timour who are both expert researchers and expert makers.

The flag socks that started this thread seem to me to be a neat example of a period gesture between husband and wife. Women knitted various designs and colors into everything from hat to scarves to socks that would remind their loved ones of home and family. Who knows what they exactly looked like? Does it matter? Imagine how this soldier felt knowing he was wearing something specially made by his spouse - same as in all wars. Would this be a company issue item? Of course not. Would there be a number of examples of various such items out there? Probably. As for those of you who are offended someone would produce these - time to try a little Zeitgeist - look at the subject through their, not our, eyes. Be offended in a period way :-)

Could have been worse - could have been drawers...:-o

NJ Sekela
06-03-2006, 03:12 AM
Mr. Cooper:

Well done sir!

I am, &c,

NJ Sekela,
Manf'r.
N.Jers'y.

http://www.skilletlicker.com
http://www.ejtsutler.com
http://www.carterandjasper.com

FWL
06-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Mr. Sekela just keep making those fine products that have historical documentation, ignore the yahoos that ruin our hobby. Thanks for the fine products you make. I'm might buy a pair, I'd love to see someone try to take them off my feet.

And if you had a documented federal flag on the bottom of a sock I might buy that for my reb kit. Anything I can do to torment the yahoos is pure fun. But then maybe I have to go to the wrong events to encounter them.

Frank Lilley
Sore Foot Mess

John Legg
06-28-2006, 02:15 PM
i say its not that bad, just think what the soldiers from the north would of done? i think these a pair of authentic socks! keep sellin em!!!

reb64
06-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Hey can you make drawers with the US flag on the seat, squarley on the arse?

VaTrooper
06-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Can you find documentation for them?

cblodg
06-28-2006, 09:10 PM

Haven't we beaten this dead and into the ground already?

If you know Mr. Sekela and his intricate research, he has found the documentation, or he wouldn't have made them.

Chris

huntdaw
06-28-2006, 11:07 PM
"Can you find documentation for them?"

I believe the comment was made in jest and referred to the post about a flag on a pair of drawers.

3rd Alabama
06-29-2006, 05:52 AM

Maybe he saw them in a museum

VaTrooper
06-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Yes Michael you are correct. John, mabey it was the one with the polyester and tons of yellow trim!