PDA

View Full Version : Possible thief among us.....

HighPrvt
03-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Edited to shut up the whiney liberal crybabies.

HighPrvt
03-11-2006, 12:28 PM
The PC police wannabes are crying a river so.............delete

reb64
03-12-2006, 03:51 AM
More details please. It seems a few weeks have gone by but I have waited longer for some items off ebay. There maybe good cause. Also how did you pay? You may have some recourse. Al,soI would be a little cautious and patient before I publicly call someone a potential thief. What if a innocent delay was the cause?

HighPrvt
03-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Tried to help some of ya'll avoid a thief, but since the crybabies want to start whining............... delete

jthlmnn
03-12-2006, 11:47 AM
While it may feel good at the moment to vent your frustration with some name calling, it is time to chill out, lest you get yourself in trouble. (Look up the words "slander", "libel", and "calumny" in the dictionary.)

So far, all you know for a fact is that you sent payment and have not received the merchandise as fast as you would like. You frustration is aggravated by lack of response from the seller. You have some understandable steam to vent.

What you do not yet have is reason to publicly label anyone a thief. Your willingness to "eat crow" (expletives deleted) should you be proven wrong will not undo all the damage done to someone else's reputation.

First, you have not stated how payment was made. If by personal check, has the check cleared? If by money order, has it been cashed? If the seller does not yet have the money available to him, there is no reason to ship.

Second, you'd need to establish that there is no intent whatsoever to provide the merchandise. We've seen the postings where all contact numbers and addresses have evaporated and people have disappeared from the scene. To date, this is not the case for you.

For the time being, stick with stating your displeasure that this is taking so long and your frustration at getting no response to pms. That's all you have cause to gripe about. Let the rest play itself out and the facts will speak for themselves.

HighPrvt
03-12-2006, 11:59 AM
:lol: :roll: :wink:

HighPrvt
03-12-2006, 12:24 PM
While it may feel good at the moment to vent your frustration with some name calling, it is time to chill out, lest you get yourself in trouble. (Look up the words "slander", "libel", and "calumny" in the dictionary.)

So far, all you know for a fact is that you sent payment and have not received the merchandise as fast as you would like. You frustration is aggravated by lack of response from the seller. You have some understandable steam to vent.

What you do not yet have is reason to publicly label anyone a thief. Your willingness to "eat crow" (expletives deleted) should you be proven wrong will not undo all the damage done to someone else's reputation.

First, you have not stated how payment was made. If by personal check, has the check cleared? If by money order, has it been cashed? If the seller does not yet have the money available to him, there is no reason to ship.

Second, you'd need to establish that there is no intent whatsoever to provide the merchandise. We've seen the postings where all contact numbers and addresses have evaporated and people have disappeared from the scene. To date, this is not the case for you.

For the time being, stick with stating your displeasure that this is taking so long and your frustration at getting no response to pms. That's all you have cause to gripe about. Let the rest play itself out and the facts will speak for themselves.

Real easy to mount the high horse when your not out the cash isn't it ?

jthlmnn
03-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Mount a high horse? Just reminding you that you are in a public forum. There are limits, including legal ones. You've got what might be a legitimate gripe and you're looking (I think) for some help and/or moral support in resolving it. Reminding you to keep your calm, get more facts and not make statements that could bite you later on is not taking a high horse, its not "PC", its not "liberal crybaby". It is sound advice. You'll get further, faster and not get yourself into trouble by taking it.

MStuart
03-12-2006, 02:01 PM
I second John's advice. Why is it that if someone disagree's with some folks, it's whining, crying, or politically correct or not PC? If this guy has a legitimate reason/s and then sues your butt, you might be the one doing the crying, all the way to your bank. Remember, we're a "litigious" society. (I hope I spelled that right) As a thrifty Scotsman myself, no one knows the worth of a buck more than I do.

Mark - Republican

madisontigers
03-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Yep, fora ll you know this guy could be in the hospital. Many persoanl emergencies can accor. You also have failed to state payment method. If you sent a check, most people will wait 2 weeks to let it clear.I agree with you tohough, we aren't out the $, you are. I would just wai before calling the guy a thief. Not enough time has passed for that