PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone who can play a fife!

willbrown1185
05-04-2012, 05:14 PM
2 drummers of the 1stNCV/11thNCT are looking for some fifers in the Eastern NC area... If interested, let me know!

33rdaladrummer
05-09-2012, 03:02 PM
2 drummers of the 1stNCV/11thNCT are looking for some fifers in the Eastern NC area... If interested, let me know!

You might contact the Carolina Fifes and Drums...

Also, you might consider learning to play the fife yourself. Most fifers and drummers agree that the fife is easier to learn anyway. And if you stick with it, you will thank yourself later in the event that an fifer is not available and you are stuck with only drummers, which gets boring very quickly. Once you get past getting getting a clear tone on the fife, it becomes much easier. If you can blow across an empty bottle and get a sound then you're halfway there to getting a sound out of the fife. With a drum, you have to learn rudiments before you can play anything, and that takes years for some. Or some play without learning the rudiments which is an annoyance to drummers who do.

Good luck

PrivateBrownfield
05-25-2012, 09:39 PM
I need a fifer in Louisiana!!! Organizing a fife drum corps. Contact me at taytaylsu@gmail.com

PrivateBrownfield
04-20-2013, 05:32 PM
thank you! got one fifer from Texas but thanks for the info.