PDA

View Full Version : Any news about improvements at Cedar Creek?

BobWerner
03-09-2006, 02:35 PM
I was just curious if there's been any word about the efforts of Chris Anders and others to bring about improved standards for the events at Cedar Creek? Any updates? :?:
Thanks,

Anders
03-09-2006, 03:43 PM
The decision was made by the CCBF that the shortfalls of the event are not their responsibility, but rather the responsiblity of the attending organizations.

Somehow they feel no ownership or responsiblity towards historical recreation, and as long as 2000 folks in some sort of uniform do some sort of "show" that brings in public dollars, they do not see an issue with the prostitution of our history on hallowed ground.

They advised that we dedicate our efforts to work with the different reenacting organizations to achieve a better event for them.

I have respectfully declined tilting at that windmill.

In a few years it will become the next New Market.

FWL
03-09-2006, 03:53 PM
I have respectfully declined tilting at that windmill.

I don't blame you, at least you tried. After all it is hallowed ground. If the event organizers and the reenactment groups are not on the same page, the event will never succeed. But wait! maybe at CC they are on the same page and don't want to change!

On the other hand Chris maybe you just coined a new phrase "historical recreation". That's what that is.

BobWerner
03-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Chris:
Thanks for the update. Needless to say, I'm sorry to hear the folks at Cedar Creek are taking the typical low road and failing to take responsibility for the programs they present to the public. I agree with Frank Lilley's comments; at least you made the effort. Too bad for Cedar Creek they just don't get it. Nor are they the only ones. :roll:
Again, thanks for your response.