PDA

View Full Version : Confederate units in West TN

garandman114
12-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Hello all, my name is Charles and I've been looking around at Civil War reenacting for awhile, but haven't much gotten to looking into any units yet. Anyone have any reccomendations for good Confederate groups in or around Jackson, TN? (I currently do WWII reenacting, but would really like to get into some civil war as well)
Thanks!
-Charles Googe

reddcorp
12-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Not sure about any specific units in the Jackson area; but your may wish to contact the 19th Alabama Infantry. They used to be centered around Huntsville, Alabama but have shifted into middle Tennessee. They are a fine bunch of fellows....our unit, the 33rd.Alabama Infantry often bivouacs with them at events...we tolerate each other quite well. The 19th has a website with all of their contact information.
The 33rd. is mainly in the Birmingham and Montgomery, Alabama areas, which may be a bit far for you.
Andy Redd

7TN Cav
12-25-2006, 01:57 PM
There are several units in this area to choose from depending on what you choose to get into(infantry, cavalry or artillery).Contact me through email and I will be proud to fill you in on the different ones locally.
B. Altom

FarbNoMore
01-05-2007, 02:03 PM
We're right where you need us, except we're Federal.

http://members.tripod.com/~HardCaseBoys/www/HardCaseBoys.htm

coastaltrash
01-05-2007, 11:16 PM
www.westernindependentgrays.org

We do both.

Patrick Landrum

WestTN_reb
01-08-2007, 01:18 AM
I sent you a PM about 2 weeks ago. I can resend it if you would like.